~The New Write Soft SciFi Contest~ January 15, 2013 - March 31, 2013
Reading and Deliberating
~The New Write Soft SciFi Contest~
Give Me This :
(1.) Urban Setting
(2.) Action or Romance or Both
(3.) Cyborg or Clone or Both
(4.) Three Themes (Pick three from the Themes list)
(5.) One of Aesop's Morals as Messages (Pick one from the Messages list)
(6.) An Adult Character or Two
* In Btw. 5-15 chapters per book.
- Obstacles to Love
- Rivalry of Superior and Inferior
- Necessity of Sacrificing Loved Ones
- Temptation - pleasure, distruction
- Working class struggles
- Technology in society – good or bad
- Self-reliance / Becoming dependant
- Role of Religion – virtue or hypocrisy
- Pride and downfall
- Power of silence / words
- Overcoming – fear, weakness, vice
- Isolationism - hazards
- Knowledge versus ignorance
- Loneliness as destructive force
- Identity crisis
- Illusion of power
- Immortality / Mortality
- Heartbreak of betrayal
- Heroism – real and perceived
- Good versus bad
- Fate and free will
- Evils of racism / prejudice
- Disillusionment and dreams
- Darkness and light
- Death – inevitable or tragedy
- Change versus tradition
- Chaos and order
- Capitalism – effect on the individual
- There is a time and place for everything.
- Men are too apt to condemn in others the very things they do themselves.
- Pride goes before a fall.
- He who will not allow his friend to share the prize must not expect him to share the danger.
- The best laid-out scheme often has a kickback.
- Think twice before you leap!
- They are foolish who give their enemy the means of destroying them.
- To do the right thing at the right season is a great art.
- Unless the seed of evil is destroyed it will grow up to destroy us.
- Do not denounce the genuine, only to applaud an imitation.
- If you want a task well done, then do it yourself.
- A man may smile, yet be a villain.
- ) Necessity is our strongest weapon.
$0.00, A New Book Written.
Created Jan 15, 2013