African Amarican Poets : Forum : Online Journal Submissions

Online Journal Submissions

14 Years Ago

I hope this doesn't break any rules against spam on here, but since its not really marketing or scamming, I think its pretty safe.

I've been working my way toward getting paid for this writing shtick.  It's not selling out, its more like self employment.  I've got this thing in my mind that tells me I can't really call myself a 'writer' until I  make a living off of it.  In that pursuit I've come across some online journals, and I think a couple of these would be something special for writers in this group.

St. Somewhere focus's mostly on Caribbean writers (like me) but also on writers and writing from the southern coastal US.  They're pretty new, and only two volumes in, but always seeking Poetry, Short story, and visual art submissions for their monthly volumes.  They don't offer financial compensation, but they do expose your work to a wide audience, and give you full credit.

Howard University's 'The Amistad' doesn't offer financial compensation either, but they're connection to one of the US's top Black Universities means there's an even greater chance of exposing your work.  Like St. Somewhere they accept Poetry, Short Story, and Visual art submissions, but also look for essays as well.  If you're interested you have to move fast though.  The deadline for their next publication is this Friday, March 12th.