Alzheimer's: The Long Goodbye : Forum : postings

[reply] [quote]

postings

16 Years Ago

Greetings, friends --

Thank you all again for joining this group. It occurred to me that I may not have mentioned earlier that only members of this group can read postings to this forum. I think anyone can read our writings, but our correspondence among ourselves is available only to us. I set it up this way so this can be a safe place in which to share with each other and support each other.

One way I thought we could do that is to say a little bit about why we're here. As I noted elsewhere I'm here because of my dad --- that's his picture above -- who was diagnosed just over a year ago, altho I've known for several years that he has AD. Tho he's not nearly in as bad shape as could happen later, it has gotten to the point where we're going to have to sell the house and move. In some ways this will be good -- a smaller house to take care of, for instance -- but it will be a wrench to leave our beautiful woods. The family is going to talk about all this on Sunday afternoon, so I presume we'll start the process soon after that.

That's a little bit of my story. Hope you're all having a good summer and looking forward to an enjoyable holiday weekend.

Blessings to you and your loved ones!

Genie