Anime Freaks!! : Forum : Live Action Flicks

[reply] [quote]

Live Action Flicks

13 Years Ago

Don't know whether you've heard, but a live action version of "Cowboy Beebop" is coming to a theater near you.  So are you looking forward to it?   On another note, are there any other animes that you would like to see made into live action?   I think "Ghost In The Shell" could be awesome but I bet all the future tech could make it a challenge to produce.
[reply] [quote]

Re: Live Action Flicks

13 Years Ago

Yeah I heard that they are having trouble with live action cowboy bebop and I also heard that Keona Reeves (I don't know how to spell his name) is supposed to be playing as Spike. In my opinion, a live action Ghost in the Shell would be easy to make because it would be made with the same atomosphere as irobot with will smith. Yes it's in the future but it's not like "Fith Element" futuristic. So it would be easier to make. And Irobot was made in, what, 2003 or 2004 maybe? With our advanced technology in making movies I think a ghost in the shell movie would be easy to recreate visual-wise but then the challenge would be casting. Who is worthy enough to play the major or Batou? hmmmm...
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I am looking forward to the live action Cowboy Bebop. I just finished the anime though and can help but wonder what bits and pieces they are going to put in the movie. I sure hope Keanu does a good job playing spike…lets face it; he could totally pull off spikes fluffy hair! : P As far as a live action GITS, I read a blurb about it somewhere… I think it would be amazing to see, but seriously, who could possibly play the Major? She is too awesome to exist in reality. In addition, there is another live action flick just released called Blood+. It is a good anime, but the anime movie was spectacular (If you like vampire/onigen type stuff) The live action flick however could have been better, but still the action sequences are worth seeing.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

I have no hope for these live action flicks, they always seem to spoil the entire story of the anime/manga... Nobody wants another DBZ failure, or Blood + failure, or another The Last Airbender failure (I know Avatar: The Last Airbender is not an anime but it was another live action from a cartoon which went to waste). KOF live action is also coming next year, it's failing too.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by Vicky Zhuang Yi-Yin
I have no hope for these live action flicks, they always seem to spoil the entire story of the anime/manga... Nobody wants another DBZ failure, or Blood + failure, or another The Last Airbender failure (I know Avatar: The Last Airbender is not an anime but it was another live action from a cartoon which went to waste). KOF live action is also coming next year, it's failing too.

I agree with the last airbender... I know some people liked it but that was easily explained as they hadn't seen the series -_-" Not that I'm not angry with the makers of the series because Katara ended up with Aahng instead of with Zuko but that's another story. No I was really baffled by how much they managed to ruin the story with the movie and I thought they were terrible with making movies according to a book -_-" I think some animes can be reformed into an actual movie as some would be nearly impossible to spoil but still... I don't trust the ones who decide on the script anymore... Greetings   Sarah
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

I'm not sure what to think, but it sounds interesting.