Ankh-Morpork Assassins' Guild : Forum : Say Something Nice

[reply] [quote]

Say Something Nice

15 Years Ago

I saw a thread like this on another writing site and I thought it was a good idea. Say something nice about another writer--someone who has encouraged you, or done anything nice for you. It doesn't even have to be someone you know very well, just another writer on Writer's Cafe.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I am resisting the rogue urge to say myself.

Hayame-- She has been very supportive of my writing and has reviewed all my work. I can't send her read requests any more, but heck, who cares? 

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Gosh this is a toughie. :(  It's so hard to choose so I'm gonna acknowledge everyone!

Within the group, Andrew and Scott M. have been great friends.  Andrew reads and critiques my work even though I know that [some of] my writing doesn't appeal to guys.  I also really enjoy his writing, particularly his sense of humor.  Go on, read "The Silent Army" if you don't know what I'm talking about; that's some good "pasta" right there. Scott M. sends me messages that make me laugh every once in awhile, and laughter is good for your health, right? So in turn by making me laugh he's extending my life. Heehee.  Scott is also very eloquent and his writing reflects it.  I've only read a few of Scott's things because he has so much to read but hopefully during my spring break I'll catch up. :D

Outside of the group, Fidheallir has been a dedicated reviewer and reader.  It goes without saying that without dedicated readers my story would go absolutely nowhere.  Therefore major props must be given to: Fidheallir, Lilredsparkles, and hana_byul87 for their time and positivity.  Love you all! ^___^b *thumbs up*
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Originally posted by Andrew (not Andy)

I am resisting the rogue urge to say myself.

Hayame-- She has been very supportive of my writing and has reviewed all my work. I can't send her read requests any more, but heck, who cares? 

And plus, she thinks sarsaparilla is an alchoholic drink! XD.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

LOL i'm glad i could make you laugh
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

huh, I dunno why it made me laugh...I guess it's just cause I thought the same thing once...and then I used it in the western that I'M writing, but I didn't know how to spell it, so I asked my dad. S-A-S-P-A-R-I-L-L-A, and then  he said it was a soft drink...well, I ended up taking it out of the story.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Thanks, Hayame! I realize that I haven't said anything yet.

I have to say thanks to Erin (sometimes with an extra n, I suppose) for always being willing to be silly. Always.

Also to Flame DM for always returning my reviews, never forgetting to review my stuff (even if it is several months after I read hers--I don't care). She has great insights and is very encouraging.

Many thanks to Daniel for being a real bro in the faith. I always look forward to his reviews. 

There! I think everybody up there is in this group. Thanks all!

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

huh, I dunno why it made me laugh...I guess it's just cause I thought the same thing once...and then I used it in the western that I'M writing, but I didn't know how to spell it, so I asked my dad. S-A-S-P-A-R-I-L-L-A, and then  he said it was a soft drink...well, I ended up taking it out of the story.

I looked it up in the dictionary. :) It says there's two r's.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Ah. Right. Well, y'know what I mean. Right? Anyway, we're getting off the subject, something nice.

Well, I can name a few others...I think...

Scott M.: Well, he's my brother.

Erin: She's helpful in her reviews, and has critiqued alot, if not all, of my work.

There we go. Back on subject.

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Ah. Right. Well, y'know what I mean. Right? Anyway, we're getting off the subject, something nice.

Well, I can name a few others...I think...

Scott M.: Well, he's my brother.

Erin: She's helpful in her reviews, and has critiqued alot, if not all, of my work.

There we go. Back on subject.

Scott M. is your brother? Ah, so the awesome gene runs in your family. :)
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Ha ha thanks, Hayame. If only we could get some other people to comment on here...
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Looks like it aint workin' out...
C'mon people! Don't you have anything NICE TO SAY?!
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Jane - she has given me dozens of awesome reviews on each chapter of my novel, it encourages me and gives me the feeling that I should continue it, even if I don't always feel like writing! :D Thanks Jane!