Edit : Forum : How Should We Do This???

How Should We Do This???

17 Years Ago

Ok, so the whole point of this group is to help people with their work word for word. "Hey, I think you meant....here"

"Hey, you said then...you meant than"

"look evilsarah...I don't know who's letting you graduate from college, but you have the spelling ability of a small chimp. The following words are spelled wrong"

What I mean to say is this is for much more that critiquing...which is more than welcome I'm sure. This group is for those things that you need edited all nitty gritty style.

Really, I wont lie, I started this group because I suck at editing my own work, and the people around me are d*********s when it comes to saying "hey, can you help me with this." You know how it goes, they read it, toss it back at you, tell you it's good and send you on your way.

Gee thanks...

Anyway, any ideas on how these things can be posted so that they can be edited easily by others would be fab. Maybe each story can have a thread in the forum for the editing?

Let me know.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

I suggest pasting the story on MS Word, which allows all sorts of editing and formatting options. The document can then be pasted back into the 'review this work' box (some of the formatting will be lost). I always delete the word file, respecting the individual's propriety.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

You mean highlight-copy-paste the story into ms word. That is what I figured. Ok, everyone when you put a story up to have it edited if you are feeling brave put up an email with it...when it has been edited we can send you a MS Word attachment with the edits and comments. I would be fine with this, how do all of you feel?

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Yes, but I just tried it and it doesn't work. I guess email is the only way to go.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Asa far as spelling goes, the only reason I spell decent at all online is my wonderful, magical Google search toolbar which features a spell checker. If you suck at spelling, I'd suggest getting it and spellchecking everything. It's easy to use too. I wish I had a link to give you, but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

::drool:: love my new spell check button. ::drool::