Emeralds & Pearls : Forum : Monsters I plan on using ....

[reply] [quote]

Monsters I plan on using ....

11 Years Ago

Encantado: Besides the ability to shapeshift into human form, encantados frequently wield other magical abilities, such as the power to control storms, "enchant" or haunt humans into doing their will or becoming encantados themselves, and inflict illness, insanity, and even death. Shamans and holy men are often needed to intervene and ameliorate the situation, but sometimes the spell is so great that it can not be completely cured. Such powers and habits make the encantado very similar to the Japanese kitsune, a supernatural fox that's famous by its shapeshifting abilities and for having children with human beings.   Kidnapping is also a common theme in such folklore. Encantados are said to be fond of abducting humans they fall in love with, children born of their illicit love affairs, or just anyone near the river who can keep them company, and taking them back to the Encante. The fear of this is so great for many people who live across the Amazon rivers area that many of them, children and adults alike, are terrified of going near the water in certain hours like 6 PM or basically alone. Some who supposedly have encountered encantados out in canoes have been said to have gone insane, although the creatures seem to have done little more than follow their boats and nudge them from time to time.   Leviathan: It is believed god made a male and a female but realising if they mated they'd destroy the world he killed the female Im going to twist this and add pergatory in the mix with this creature (SPN)   FucanglongThis is a featured page   Sounds like  im swearing ... chinese dragon that protects buried treasure
[reply] [quote]

Re: Monsters I plan on using ....

11 Years Ago

It seems very put together to me. Have you research on creating your on species or monsters? I found this site while creating my story. I hope it helps. Kitsunes a cute aren't they? ^_^