English Writing By Non-native Speakers Of English Group : Forum : Please tell us something about..

[reply] [quote]

Please tell us something about yourselves

16 Years Ago

Please feel free to post your bios here. They don't have to be so extensive as the one I posted under the thread 'About myself', but it  would be nice to get to know each other ;)
[reply] [quote]

Turkish - American writer

16 Years Ago

I was born in a small village in northeastern Turkey. Leaving home at sixteen, I traveled to England, where I finished my education. I first came to the US in 1973 as an exchange student, later making the move permanent. I studied drama, attending the Alliance Theatre School and SAG Conservatory of Georgia. I currently live in southern California. I have had several short stories published and Voice of Conscience is my first novel.

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hos geldiniz,

Welcome here. Your first review is on it's way. I hope it is useful to you!

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

hi,i am iraqi,43years old,since i was only 14 i discovered this lovely world of literature,i read  lots in arabic,i read for English writers,american ,swedish ,and many others ,translations were bad so i began to read in English language,so i read a lot ,there were fits of reading for years ,it came a time when i thought,so now what ,my mind was full of thoughts ,i wanted to write, about what i see ,but any subject i come to think of there is no way i can write about it ,i would be harrased if not killed or jailed so i left it at that ,there was a dictator in my land so i fled away  i worked in many countries,i was all alone so i worked hard ,i am a doctor,it was 4 years when the dictator left office and handed it to the americans,i was glad ,i said at least we could have some peace and stability,so  went back home only it was not what i thought,the killings started ,so much chaos, the country came to ruins,i thought this is not the democracy i want ,already a million killed ,i would rather one of these poor souls come back to life ,and say bye bye democracy  i do not need you this way,sorry if democracy have to come through blood ,then i do not want it,its all for the oil ,i said to myself ,you stupid ,oil and money there is no democracy involved here ,too bad democracy did not work out ,huh huh ,and the chaos still goes on,thank you.

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Welcome here!

I just visited your site and reviewed one of your works. Please feel free to upload it here for the members to read it. Do not be shy about your grammar or spelling. Your message is more powerful than that!

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I'm a 20 years old, currently single. I'm still studying, taking up Computer Science in the University of Santo Tomas in the Philippines. My mother is Eurasian and my father is purely Filipino, thus I'm fair-skinned and my dad teases me often about being adopted. I have an older sister and our ages are apart by four years. We have four dogs, two of which are female (not counting the pups my dog bore recently). I started writing when I was 13 years old, a sophomore in highschool. I've written quite a few poems, although I ended up losing alot of them when my computer crashed six years ago. *cries* Anyway, I love to write random scenes and thoughts going through my head. My hobbies are reading, writing, and checking my profile in Jobstreet (to see if there are any jobs I like).
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Welcome here!

You write wonderful poetry, please keep that up!

Good luck with your studies and your job!

[reply] [quote]

Re: Please tell us something about yourselves

10 Years Ago

Hello everyone! I'm Katerina, I live in Greece and Greek is my native language. I study English language and literature, I write fiction in Greek but my wish is to write in English. I don't do it yet because I think that the result would have poor vocabulary and idioms and grammar mistakes. I have thought of this a lot but I think the only solution would be to translate my work which would cost a lot. 

I was wondering how you bear the fact you are not english native speakers in your writing?
[reply] [quote]

absurd flash fiction

2 Years Ago

I just picked up writing (I am actually an art-photographer), and although I am non-native English speaking I've choosen to write in English because of the genre I use, it appeals only to a very small public and therefore I have all interest in trying to reach as far as I can.

I love absurdism mainly based on psychology. I hope at least some of you will have great fun in reading my short stories. I love feedback.