Fear and Magic. : Forum : Fan of Rice?

[reply] [quote]

Fan of Rice?

13 Years Ago

Let's face it Anne Rice is a the best and most relevant vampire creator this world has ever known, even compared to the Irish man Stoker himself, ah you fiend!!! However that is not her only brilliance, have you ever read her book "Cry to Heaven"?, it is my favorite piece!
[reply] [quote]

Re: Fan of Rice?

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by Thomas Fitzgerald
Let's face it Anne Rice is a the best and most relevant vampire creator this world has ever known, even compared to the Irish man Stoker himself, ah you fiend!!! However that is not her only brilliance, have you ever read her book "Cry to Heaven"?, it is my favorite piece!

To tell the truth, the best vampire (and overall mystery and gothic) writer is, undoubtedly Sheridan Le Fanu.
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

TF, gonna have to disagree with you. She is a great writer, but the stories got a little trying (and whining) for me...Stephen King's Salem's Lot...there my friend is brilliance. Hey but here Beauty Series gets very high marks from me :)
[reply] [quote]

13 Years Ago

Originally posted by Raymond

TF, gonna have to disagree with you. She is a great writer, but the stories got a little trying (and whining) for me...Stephen King's Salem's Lot...there my friend is brilliance. Hey but here Beauty Series gets very high marks from me :)

When it comes to Stephen King's writing, you can hardly only mention Salem's Lot, with the incredible quantity of short stories on the theme.
[reply] [quote]

12 Years Ago

i have not had the pleasures of read mrs.rice's work. please do tell me of some good books.