Fiction Writers : Forum : Anna's Boy: Expiramental Short..

Anna's Boy: Expiramental Short Story. (Please Review)

9 Years Ago

Jesus, Ray would you stop popping your fingers for just one minute?", Anna asked her brother, flipping her long red hair, as he drove down through the Hollywood Hills. Anna and Raymond, or Ray, were your classic brother and sister. They fought bravely at each other one moment and had heart-to-heart brother/sister conversations the next moment. The siblings lived on the beach in California, the place of dreams. They were on their way to a small private school down town, oddly named, Miss Marilyn's Music School. Both of the teens were juniors in high-school there, and on top of that were musical prodigies. Anna was a brilliant singer, and on top of that Raymond played the drums better than 'ACDC's' drummer. Music pieces involving the two of them, along with the rest of Raymond's band was breathtaking. One might believe, from what has been said, that Anna and Raymond were the perfect urban city kids with perfect lives. Well, that one would be wrong.

It all started on the same day that Raymond was annoyingly popping his fingers. Raymond and Anna got out of the car and headed into school. Anna met up with her friend, Bale, who frankly was not the best girl to be around. Bale was always getting high in the bathroom, always having sex with some random guy she met, and always, always, carrying a small white tablet of ecstasy with her. Why did Anna hangout with Bale? You see, Bale had something Anna wanted. Popularity. And Anna had something Bale wanted. A nice life. Bale and Anna together were inseparable. Bale, despite her large flaws, was very sweet and extremely intelligent. She had more college credits then someone actually in college, Anna thought. Bale and Anna were the perfect team and besides, its not like Anna was going to do any of those bad things with Bale anyway. Right?

Later on that day, Bale ran up to Anna with a whimsical look on her face. "Anna, Shaun and Stoma, those two super hot, senior guys have just invited us to the best party of the year!", yelled Bale. Anna did not know what to think. The fact was, Anna was not really big on partying, and her boyfriend since sixth grade had recently committed suicide over a loss of his mother therefore, she was not really into large extravaganzas at the time. In fact, she really missed her beautiful boyfriend. After all, she had been with Laurence since sixth grade. He was her first kiss, first love, and first boyfriend. She tried not to think about him as much but she really just wished for an escape from the pain. She normally enjoyed spending her night's looking at old photographs of Laurence or hanging out with Raymond... Not going to a party two 'super hot, senior guys' are throwing. Ergo, when Bale came running to Anna shouting the news of the party, Anna's first instinct was not to go. Why would she want to go anyway when there was no Laurence or comfort of her brother? But, instead of saying her true feelings, Anna was surprised that the words that came out of her mouth were, "Okay cool, sounds like fun". At the sound of those words Bale jumped and screamed with joy, for the fact that Anna was actually getting out of the house for the first time in a few months. "Alright, now we have to get hot dates", Bale exclaimed. Anna knew that wouldn't be a problem for Bale. Bale had beautiful long blonde hair and sultry green eyes. She was destined to be a playboy bunny, Anna always said. Guys drooled over Bale, and the fact she would do whatever they wanted made her more desirable then ever. This being said, it was no surprise when that night Bale called and told Anna the news that would change Anna's life forever, although she did not know it yet. "Well Anna, I've got us two dates to the party with Ronnie and Jeff. You with Jeff of course", said Bale. "OH MY GOSH!", Anna exclaimed. Ronnie and Jeff were two beautiful guys who were always skateboarding. They loved death metal, and were very unlike anyone Anna would choose to have a date with. But, here she was going with Jeff, the cuter of the two boys. Jeff had sex probably twelve times a day, Anna thought. But hey, she wasn't giving up a date with 'The Jeff Spencer'. "Okay i've got to go babe, but i love you like a sister and we will go swimsuit shopping tomorrow!", exclaimed Bale. "Wait its a swim-", Anna was cut of by the dead line. Anna now would also be sporting a swimsuit to this party. "Oh joy", Anna thought, "what could be worse". 

Anna and Bale went swimsuit shopping, and Bale returned Anna home afterwards. Anna went inside and suddenly realized she was home alone and very, very sad. She decided to replay Laurence's last voicemails to her, for the hundredth time this week. Just the sound of Laurence's voice made Anna's eyes swell with tears, and result in a long night of crying. Anna realized she was having suicidal thoughts at one point but disregarded them. She had too much to live for with this party coming up, therefore she just decided to mellow out

"Alright we are ready for some action!", Bale yelled. The girls had just finished getting ready for the party, and Jeff and Ronnie had just pulled up in a orange pickup truck. The girls stepped outside and climbed in, each sitting with their dates. It took forty five minutes to get to Stoma and Shaun's house, up the coast. But once they got there, they could tell it was going to be a wild night. People were everywhere, drinking, smoking weed, making out, you name it and someone was doing it. Anna had never seen these people, but Bale, Ronnie, and Jeff were saying hi to everyone they saw. Anna wondered how Bale had grown to know all of these people but did not want to ask, because she was suddenly distracted by a strange feeling that something bad was going to happen that night. She did not know what it was, but she felt it coming.
Later that night, after a few make-outs with Jeff, and a few grinds with random boys, Anna found herself alone in the hot tub. Startled by a noise, Anna abruptly turned around but saw nothing. Feverishly, Anna got out of the hot tub when a hand grabbed her leg. "Oh my god!", Anna cried as she fell onto the pool deck concrete. Everyone was inside dancing, therefore no one would know what was going on. "Shh, baby it's just me!", whispered a voice."Let go of me!", shouted Anna. At that moment Anna looked up at the man holding her and realized the person had all of Laurence's features. Very, very alarmed, Anna fought her way out of the arms and ran all the way to the beach shore. She turned around to see if see was being followed, and saw that Laurence's ghost, or whoever he was, was right behind her. "Stay away from me or i am walking in!", shouted Anna, pointed at the immense black ocean. "No, no stop, I love you Anna", said the thing, as it neared her. "No!", Anna screamed as she started walking towards the ocean. "Stop!", shouted the voice, "Please stop!". "No! Im going crazy without you, and I can't live like this anymore. Im at the point where i am even hallucinating you being here right now! Im crazy Laur-", she was stopped as the figure suddenly disappeared and was not there anymore. "Ha, funny you b*****d of a mind", Anna said to herself as she slowly waded in the water. "I am coming for you Laurence", Anna yelled as she immersed deeper, "Screw this mind of mine and screw this world, I'm yours." And with that last word, Anna was under.