Fight The Tears : Forum : Introductions ....

Introductions ....

16 Years Ago

My real name is Tamara, but my friends call me fly, it is a nickname that I carry proudly.

I began writing 2 yrs ago this Sept and I have hardly come up for air ever since. It is a passion with me, and that is why I came to WC.

I think what I will enjoy most about THIS group, is exactly what the title says, fighting the tears. I love to laugh and feel as though we all need to spend more time laughing.

nothing beats a good belly laugh ....
I have a couple stories to post as soon as I figure out how. lol
~fly

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

My name is Bob (which is a good thing because everybody calls me that). I generally write horror, but no one should be limited to one genre. Except for Jim Carrey maybe, so I write all kinds of different stuff. Educating Steve is the one comedic piece I've got posted but I've got a few things in the works. I just have to finish the little spy gambit I'm working on now "Turning Tables", before I get back to them. I love "South Park", "SNL" and "Mad TV" so a lot of my humor is irrevernet and might piss a few people off, but as long as somebody gets the joke it's okay.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hello I'm DJ, which is good because everyone calls me Howey....I don't know why....

Anyway, I generally write horror too. But I enjoy writing comedy as well.

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

very nice to meet you to ... although I think we have meet once before.
My pleasure Dj

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Hi, I'm Holly- no pseudonym there...

I've been writing since the 4th grade, but in 2003 I began writing plays. My first one-act, "Reality Check," was showcased at Washington State University's STAGE One, a festival of student-written one-acts, and it was chosen to be performed at the Kennedy Center/American College Theatre Festival's Regional competition. I've been compared to Christopher Durang and David Ives.

Plus I write blogs/memoirs that I have recently realized are chock-full of angst and enough anger to compare to Lewis Black...but I've been told they're funny...

Yeah. That was a lot of wordage.

I love to laugh, love things that are funny, and heart far too many TV shows to list here (let's just say I could sit in front of that box long enough to rival Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin).

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I'm Brian. Someone once turned to me and said 'you're laughing on the outside, but you're crying on the inside aren't you' That's where I pulled the title from

Pretty much sums up both halves of me. I usually write either stuff where I try to be funny, tons 1/2 a dozen little satires starring Nairb, or I try perspective pieces to get people to feel things another way.

Been writing on and off for twenty or so years. I'm sporadic in my inspiration and ability. Generally at opposing times. Grandiose way of saying I have a hectic life and short attention span. (Halway finished with 3 novels hahaha)

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I'm Hollie, and I've been writing personal stuff since I was little, but writing professionally for 7 years. I blog on MySpace (where I learned about this site) and have been told I'm pretty damn funny. I love writing comedic and humorous pieces. Laughter is great, and I love to spread it around when I can. I look forward to reading funny pieces that have me cracking up...guess I'll keep my door closed at the office so people won't realize I'm not working. ::biggrin::

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Hello! We are the gestalt entity of Adam Watson and Stephen Irvine, breaking the laws of physics since Winter 2006. Both of us are obsessed with writing to the point that we will blog, rant, rave, role-play, novelise, posturise and pasteurise without limit on pretty much any subject.

Our hobbies include randomly enacting disney songs, messing about with the time space continuum and getting away with bigamy (fun benefit of being a gestalt) although sometimes we have served double jail sentences (bad drawback of being a gestalt.)

Together we're writing The Four Britons Of The Apocalypse, which is slowly taking form here on WC, and we'll get around to posting it here on the group soon too. Seperately, we're not limited to one genre (several people have noted it's good to diversify... and in all honesty we agree with the Jim Carrey example.)

Both of us like to write a good deal of Fantasy fiction as well... Adam is currently overhauling his precious, "Legends of Varien" and Steve has often bellyached about reviving "The Mettkart Chronicles".

Accolades aplenty too... Adam won the Ottakars & Faber Poetry competition way back in 2000 and in the same year, Steve won second place in Orchestra for playing the trombone. Clever him.

Both of us also post regular blogs on Myspace.com as well, usually in a style resembling a wierd mix of Douglas Adams and George Carlin. Tis very nice to meet you all, and we hope give you a few belly laughs during our time here :)