From Here To Eternity : Forum : How do you write?

[reply] [quote]

How do you write?

14 Years Ago

I do all of my writing on my computer, writing takes too long and I don't have a type writer. I brainstorm an idea for a plot and write it down as the words just roll into sequence in my head. Once I have the basic plot of the book, I write the first chapter of the book. After writing the first chapter, I go back and write the prologue. Whenever I have time to write, I'll take an apple or a cup of coffee and just start typing nonstop. I never delete an idea once I've typed it.

Of course, that's just me. [: How does everyone else write?
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I also write on the computer. I sketch out the first couple of chapters as well as outlining the characters and then I write them out. I also put myself on deadlines because I have a tendency to get caught up in everything that is going on around me. I used to do all of my writing by hand but I got Carpal tunnel and that kinda stopped that. I try and write a chapter (giving myself one week for the first 2 drafts) then I edit the following week. This works for me but I understand that it's not for everyone. I'm currently working on my first long-term project and it's going very well because of this method.

SURREAL
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

When the sun has set and I am contemplating a days events or emotions. Smiling out of fluttery love, I take out my small notebook and my pen and I write in my bed. I write whatever I feel or am inspired to do. It is always in the middle of the night. I like it that way because the earphones in my head play more clearly and my thoughts roll out. If I think something should be here I type it out. I never throw away any of my writing either.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I just go with the flow! I know that when I first began writing, it was all on a notebook in middle school. I write so slow, but hey, I have time :) I had a thick notebook of writing by the middle of my freshman year. It was all random ideas on one storyline that I had no idea how I would organize (I'm still in the process, it's my featured book).

Then I put everything on my computer, and more. Now I have organized everything, my second story was inspired by another random thought and it's going nowhere fast.

So, really, I just write. That's what I'm here to do :D

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

14 Years Ago

I write on the computer. I jot a few things down in a notebook I have for a couple of ideas but all of the actual chapters are on the computer. Once I have a few chapters and the main idea for the story in my head I put a prologue.
That is basically it.