Group Writes! : Forum : 1st post! Feel free to add!

[reply] [quote]

1st post! Feel free to add!

10 Years Ago

Darkness was all the girl knew; not her name, nor age, nor hunger, nor thirst....
    only this darkness.
[reply] [quote]

Re: 1st post! Feel free to add!

10 Years Ago

There was naught but a suffocating stillness, and in the silence of the void the girl could hear her own heart beat, heavy and steady, like the rhythm of a drum.
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

The people outside, though, they could feel, could see. They feel everything and knew almost everything she does not. They look on, never seeing anything but her still body, chest barely rising and falling behind the glass. The only sign of life in this girl they monitored: The beeping of a machine, sounding out her slow, even heartbeat.
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

There was a pressure that she could just barely feel on her hand at  points; the whisper of hope that she as not alone in that void. She yearned to grasp that feeling- call out to it maybe- but all words and all motions were lost beyond her imagination.
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

One in particular looks on more than most people do, feels exaltation when they see the slightest flicker of a dream or something under the lids of her closed eyes, a slightly deeper breath than usual. She has been in that state since the third day they had begun working for the government. On that third day, she had been wheeled in on a gurney, a thin, cotton gown the only cover she had. They had placed her in the chamber, and she had stayed there ever since.
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

She drifted between consciousness and unconsciousness, and she could very faintly feel her surroundings, and yet always she could find no strength within her to force her eyelids apart, to flutter into life again. She was like a captive of her own body, trapped within its confines with no way out. She was lonely, but not alone, and somehow she had the distinct sense, a dread gnawing at her insides, that she didn't not belong, that something was not right, that she was not meant to be here, wherever she was.
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

"Sad, really." one doctor states "She's been in there such a long time in an artificial sleep. It's for her own good, but all the same, it's a shame." then goes inside, sticking a needle into one of her IVs, refreshing the anesthetic, like they did every day. She just lay there, unresponsive in her chamber, like always. The doctor walks back out, the empty syringe in hand.
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

The group of men in steril white coats slowly began to make their way out of the girl's room until only one remained. Cautiously, he peered out the window to make sure the hall was clear of wandering eyes before rushing to the side of the bed. "241," he whispered, reading the number off her file, "Time to wake up." He pulled the various tubes out of her arms methodically- medicine spilled all I've the floor- causing alarms to wail and screech.
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

And suddenly she was gasping for breath--all around her light exploded--for a moment she didn't dare open her eyes. And then, as her vision slowly cleared, she could see the room before her. She could see the clean lines of the walls and the panes of glass, the lights, bright and white in the room, and smell the cool, clean air. A chill rose up onto her skin, and there was a peculiar sense in her stomach, an uncomfortable queasiness--hunger.
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

She tries to get up, but can't seem to move. "She's awake!" the man hears the other doctors call "Get her asleep, now!" he looks down at the girl "Sorry." he says as he lifts her up and tosses her limply over his shoulder "Gotta run." 
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

Her eyes grew wide in fear and confusion as they darted between the doctors chasing her. Instinctively, she tightened her on the young man that held her. She felt the sweat dripping down his neck as he sped outside the building and into the night.
"W-what's going on?!" She rasped, barely finding her voice.
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

"I'll explain later." he yells "Still missing a few puzzle pieces myself." he skids around a corner "Relax." he tells her "You'll just tire yourself out all the sooner. I'm surprised you can even talk after being asleep for that long!"
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

"H-how long?" she asked in her quiet voice. Her throat ached in protest every time she tried to speak, but how could she shove down the millions of questions plaguing her thoughts.
    Instead of answering, her companion pulled out a sleek black gun, looking at her gently. "Do you trust me 241?" He whispered. Confused, the girl nodded timidly. Just as the doctors rounded the corner to surround them, the young man put the gun straight to her head. She gasped in shock, shaking, and all the doctors halted.
    "Stay right where you are," the man said in a deadly voice, "or the girl, and all your work, is gone."
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

Her heart fluttered frantically like the wings of a butterfly. She could feel the cold weapon against her temple, and his arm around her middle. For a split moment she wondered if she should run, if she should try to duck and then sprint down the hall. And yet for some odd reason she found that she trusted the man. He seemed familiar somehow--or at least more familiar than everything else in the facility. The doctors blanched and backed away. The man, gun still pressed firmly against her head, slowly, slowly, slowly, backed away down the hall.
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

He kept the gun to her had even as the last of the doctors disappeared, but only for precaution. Wasting no time, he ran with the girl to a shiny, charcoal grey motorcycle and hopped on with her. Off they wend, breaking every speed limit, but not caring. The wind rushed through 241's hair and she laughed at the new and exhilarating feeling of freedom. The man glanced back at her, a bright smile on his face, and laughed right along with her.
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

He feels her hold slip once, and stops by the side of the road. He gets off and moves her to the front of the bike. He mounts up behind her and reaches his arms around her to grab the handlebars. "Let's get outta here!" starts the engine, and they set off again "Relax!" he shouts into the wind "Everything's going to turn out alright."
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

The man seemed familiar to her with his warm  laugh and reassuring voice, but she couldn't seem to identify him with any of her memories. Yet,she felt like she could trust him. She thought that she should ask the obvious question. "Who are you and where are we going?" She looked up at him and his once cheerful green gaze turned to sorrow.
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

"You don't need to know that yet," He said gently. " I can't give you too much information at once. You'll see once we get there." The girl sighed. Too many questions swam in her head, questions she desperately need answered. "Can you at least tell me who I am?"
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

Her companion pulled over off the road and into some trees. He helped her off and, without explanation, started walking into the woods.
    After a moment, he sighed and answered, "I wish I could." His voice held genuine regret. "All I can tell you is what was on your file. You're 17 years old, 5'7 with blood type o negative. Grew up in a small town, parents were enemies the government. But it only gave you the number 241."
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

"Can you at least tell me how long I've been asleep?" she asks "And what I was doing there?"

First Page first
Previous Page prev