Idle Talk : Forum : The Presence of the Idle Talk ..

[reply] [quote]

The Presence of the Idle Talk Group

16 Years Ago

Is the presence of this group a good thing, or was the omission of one in the newer layout a good thing since it minimized the discussion and maximized the reading and writing beyond the bullshit drama?  Is there a general discussion on this site and am I just excluded? hehehe... i hope my group is not in vain.
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I want to believe this forum is a good thing. I had left this site briefly because I wrote what I thought was a positive review without criticism. The writer said things in reply that frankly;hurt. This person went on to submit a poem called crybaby because I told him he misunderstood me and what he said hurt. Leaving here is not my answer. I like the writers here, I like this site. And that 'poem' says more about that person than about me. We all have a thin skin when it comes to our work. I believe in constructive criticism when a critique is desired. We all believe in our writing or we wouldn't be here. It takes courage to put your thoughts and experiences down in black and white for all to see. It takes more than courage, it takes bravery to post them online. So I salute all here for their courage and their bravery in being part of this community. I look forward to this forum and to reading more writing-Send read requests to me, I will read your work
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

I think it's fun. the cafe is my favorite online community and i want to get to know my friends. luckily for the site, there are a lot of members and it keeps growing, but that makes it maybe somewhat necessary to form some sub groups so we don't feel like just another number. yay :)
[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

im glad you writers have bounced off my flow... hopefully this will start the ball rolling!  Feel free to start your own threads.