Legends of a Genre : Forum : Beginings of a writer

Beginings of a writer

14 Years Ago

When did you start writing and why? Did you always want to be a writer or did something in life push you toward this?

Re: Beginings of a writer

14 Years Ago

How I started writing:
Well, other than the occasional poem for school, I didn't write much until I realized I needed an alternative diary. (I had a nosy little brother.  Need I say more?)  My early pieces are pretty garbled and are sorely lacking in details.  They are pure emotion with the "date written" at the top of the page and were my way of writing in code.  Only I know what was going on in my head at the time.
Later when the turmoil was over, very random things began to inspire me.  For example, my poems "Acid Rain" and "Colorblind" were both inspired by a lady I was listening to on the radio.  She was talking about how someone had a toxic personality like acid rain and how her friend was no longer colorblind to it. (Her friend could see the true colors of the person in question)

Why I write:
Now I write when I'm board or when something truly inspiring happens.  I enjoy it and it is one of the few escapes I have.  I have a bad habit of doing something (writing, drawing, making beaded jewelery) to death, getting tired of it and moving on to something else.  That's why it has been so hard to get past the first few chapters of the story I am trying to write.  Sometimes I think maybe I set my sight too high and that it is beyond my reach.
But it will be fun while it lasts.

I hope you enjoy reading some of my pieces and I look forward to reading yours.
Stacie 

14 Years Ago

That's very interesting as i am too like you in the sense that sometimes while i'm writing, i get bored and shift to another project. However i am determind to publish at least one book b4 im 25 which is an achievable goal that allows me to stay focused. I get my inspiration from anything i see or hear. From what aperson says, a simple name, or watching anime. I am usually not what people expect me to be but that is something i like. This is because my biggest fear is to be considered "normal". Weird huh?lol

14 Years Ago

I started writing and gained a love for it when I was in 9th grade. I always loved making stories up, but never put my ideas on paper. One day my history teacher made a creative writing project. We had to make journal entries of a person that lived during the Civil War. I wrote a Horror about my First ever character Vance Ray. People loved my story and wanted to hear more. And my teacher lead me on to pursue this talent or muse or mine. I loved that story and I think i'll post it on here one day. 

14 Years Ago

Thats cool, i would love to read that someday.