Lets talk for a minute. : Forum : Whatever happens to people?

Whatever happens to people?

9 Years Ago

Too many of the best people who i have known here at this site have unceremoniously disappeared.  What the hell?  What do they go?   Is it something that we can change somehow?   Are their bullies here? 

What do you think?

Re: Whatever happens to people?

9 Years Ago

I feel like people coming from sites that are always booming like facebook, twitter ect may come here and think that its a dead site because we don't have millions upon millions of active users every second. Because of that, it can be hard to gain steam and get noticed/popular. People will only stick with something so long before they call it quits after not seeing much improvement. The site also looks a little outdated and I haven't seen anything that the developers use to keep in contact with the users on updates ect.
The forums is a black hole. The site can use some spice but at the same time the user base needs to increase to push that to happen. Not everyone is a writer.
But that's just my take on events like this happening.

9 Years Ago

I agree with this.  I think that maybe too many think this is a kind of facebook or something.  That is sad.   I think there are too many who are new and are only trying to sell stuff.   That is stupid!

9 Years Ago

It could be that people come here looking for a networking site or maybe they think it is more of a place to gain exposure on a grander scale. I do wish the site had an app as I use my phone to gain access, but some people may leave because they came here expecting something else. I know I stumbled upon it accidentally and am glad I did. People are often seeking something they feel is elusive and at other times, they just want to feel connected to others. That feeling can be fleeting.

9 Years Ago

Good thoughts!   Wow.  I have a smart discussion going.   

I think that there must be something that can be done to get rid of the spammers or whatever they are....there are too many of them.  They dont post.  They just want to sell crap and that is annoying.

9 Years Ago

It's funny you say that because I have yet to come across one. It could be that I'm new.

9 Years Ago

Usually those people are wearing bikini's or other sexy clothing.  The people selling are always model attractive....and they are selling only.  Usually just health products.  They never post a write...or if they do its about the product they are selling.  

I just think that people like that are too much to deal with.  They make this place too cluttered!

9 Years Ago

Originally posted by Mari K
It could be that people come here looking for a networking site or maybe they think it is more of a place to gain exposure on a grander scale.
I do wish the site had an app.
I know I stumbled upon it accidentally and am glad I did.

I feel the same exact way about all these things. Its actually quickly become a favorite site of mine. Never go a day without looking/writing...except maybe weekends.

9 Years Ago

It is addicting here isnt it?   I have never seen that anywhere else....and here we actually produce something in the form of creative writing!   Not just chat.

9 Years Ago

I think the feeling of meeting people and seeing into who they are through their writing is what has me hooked. I also love giving people pieces of me of course. The friendships grow fast and I think it's what also causes that sadness when people you used to connect with so well and always talk to so often suddenly disappear.

9 Years Ago

Originally posted by Bill O. Writes
I think the feeling of meeting people and seeing into who they are through their writing is what has me hooked. I also love giving people pieces of me of course. The friendships grow fast and I think it's what also causes that sadness when people you used to connect with so well and always talk to so often suddenly disappear.

Thank you for understanding Bill.   I have lost many here over the years....it isnt pleasant.