Midnight Musings : Forum : December 2013 Daily Totals

December 2013 Daily Totals

10 Years Ago

Congrats to both of you on making NaNoWriMo!

Re: December 2013 Daily Totals

10 Years Ago

Oh, I am impressed that you have already started a December thread. I have a paltry 408 words to report since the end of nano. Loved the fact that shaviva made 50k, though couldn't believe I'd been slogging away all month and she did it in about 3 days! What's your writing plan for December?

10 Years Ago

Sorry I've been a bit absent it seems.  It has been so, so busy at work lately and next week will be just as bad, but then it should ease up.

I was kind of hoping to get a lot further on my story in December, but I probably won't even get a chance to start until next weekend.

Grinning that you've written 400 or so words. :)  You've earned a bit of a lazy writing time I'm thinking.

10 Years Ago

Hello - I have also been absent! Too much work, plus have an ear infection and am deaf as a post. I have done about 7000 words since the end of nano (book total currently stands at 66869), which is sort of good in that I have not ground to a complete halt, but dispiriting in that progress much slower. Of course, Xmas coming up .... Present buying etc, and daughter's third birthday this Saturday. Thank god for amazon!

10 Years Ago

Hello - have had a couple of good days and book total is now 70915, which means that I've done 4046 words in the past two days.  Still totally deaf...

10 Years Ago

"Deaf as a post" had me laughing at your expense.  Sorry about that, but it did brighten my day. 

Amazon is a lifesaver!  Hope your daughter had a great birthday!  *smiles*

Seems I've either been shopping/figuring out gifts or working non-stop!  I did pull out my short Christmas story and gave it an edit.  Have to post it by the 20th.  But that is all I've done as far as writing is concerned.  Late at night though, while trying to relax my brain so I can fall asleep... I have taken into playing in my head with my next seen for my story that I've been writing during both NaNo's.  Kind of fun to mentally tweak the details... hope to write it out when things slow back down in a couple of weeks.

Wow!  Very impressed with you continuing your forward momentum for your story!  +70K is wonderful!  Where are you feeling in the story?  Halfway, two-thirds, three-fourths...

Hope your ear infections clears quickly and your hearing comes back... although I'm sure during this hectic time, it may be nice at times to be able to tune it all out a bit easier when you need those moments of peace.  I know I'd like to not hear about half of the music they are playing in the mall this time of year.  I'm more of a traditional Christmas music kind of person.

10 Years Ago

Hello Bailey - still chugging on.  Now at 76,029 in the story, which makes 5114 since I last posted (nothing over weekend with daughter's birthday and trip to my parents).  I feel like I have rounded the corner towards the end - which is a great feeling - I have momentum at the moment, as all the threads I have been slowly pulling through are now coming to fruition (well, apart from one story thread, which has turned out to be a real damp squib, but never mind).  Am aiming to finish between 90 - 100K.

I'm impressed that you are still turning things over in your mind, even though not time to write - I completely understand no time to write, with Xmas coming up.  I have been up and down to London lots recently with work and have done most of my writing on the train there and back.

Having said thank goodness for Amazon, they then failed to deliver half of the package on time (with Prime no less!) and so I had to go to the normal shop to buy emergency presents for daughter.  Good thing her birthday is so close to Xmas, as I have been able to reallocate the her birthday presents to Xmas presents!

Random thought - how are your cats?  Have you built your big cage again yet?  Our poor things are still stuck inside, but seem to have become resigned to their fate and stopped making dirty protests.

And finally, to make you laugh again - I am still deaf as a post.  Doctors appointment tomorrow (at last - everyone must be at the doctors, it's taken me a week to get in), so am hoping that hearing will be restored.  Not hearing Xmas music and children shouting is a definite plus though.

10 Years Ago

Just posting because I've just passed the 80,000 words point.  Had to slow down and regroup plot as I'm getting towards finale now .. but hope I can now motor forward.  Oh yes, and just a bit of Xmas shopping and trying to finish work off.  I'm sure it's the same at your end.  We haven't even got round to getting the tree yet, which is bad (think I expected children to nag for it, and as they don't seem to have noticed, we've not quite got round to it).

10 Years Ago

Congrats on passing the 80,000 word mark, and during the holidays no less!!  I have often thought that it would be wonderful to be able to ride a train to work.  So much reading and writing I'd love to do if I didn't have to pay attention to where I was going on my commute to work.

Amazon... they are usually so reliable!  It is a good thing for a birthday so close to Christmas.  My mom's and mine are both near the holiday and I know it is a great help when you over-shop for something and I'm sure it would be a great help for late gifts as well.  Glad you were able to reassign gifts and make it seem effortless I'm sure as far as your daughter was concerned. :)

The cat cage was finished about two months ago and they loved it.  It is bigger than the one at our old house and we were able to encompass a stump so they have a perch in the cage as well.  With all of the bitterly cold weather and snow we've had here in December though, they are only going out briefly when they do venture out.  It has cut down greatly though on all of the pacing our cat, Archie, was doing.  I'll have to think of taking a few pictures of it in the spring and send them along to you.

I feel for your kitties though.  At least their protests are a bit more pleasant if they have started behaving a bit when they relieve themselves. *shakes head*  I guess they must feel that without the ability to communicate in English... they must try to get our attention and impress upon us how upset they truly are. *grins*

You did have me laughing again at the deaf as a post update.  Hope you are able to hear again even now as I post this up.  Although maybe selective hearing would be better through the holiday.   I know I'm starting to tire of the Christmas songs.

So my next question is about your stories.  If I remember correctly your goal is a trilogy?  Are you going to try to begin the third in your series for one of the camp NaNos... or are you going to do like Grant and try to edit during the Camp NaNos.  Of course I'm assuming you are going to do NaNo again.  

In case I don't post again before the holiday --- Merry Christmas, Genb!  I hope your family has a peaceful one and that you receive some fun gifts. :)

10 Years Ago

Merry Christmas Bailey! Hope you had a super day - hope you aren't back to work already today? We get two public holidays - Xmas day and then Boxing Day, but I've a feeling you don't get the second day. I'm at 85,000 words but having a few days off for Xmas.

10 Years Ago

We only officially got Christmas day off, but I took two days of vacation and had the 26th and 27th off as well.  We had a lovely Christmas, sad that it will be another year before we get to do that again.  Although I'm sure I need that much time to recover as well... so probably for the best that it is a year away.

I will set up a new thread for January later.  I'm hoping to get a bit of writing done now that the Holidays are over.  I have a short story due on the 18th for an anniversary on my thread... but other than that, I hope to make some progress on the long story that has been plaguing me since before July.

So excited to hear about 85,000 being reached!  Go you!  Hope your Christmas was enjoyable and that you have a Happy New Year, Genb! 

10 Years Ago

Hello - just checking in to say happy new year and round off December. I'm now at 92,500 words, which makes about 34,000 for December. Hoping to finish story by 100k or so, so not far to go now. Looking forward to hearing about your writing in January, once holiday madness all over (it's another public holiday here tomorrow).