Music = Life : Forum : Lyrics for the day

Lyrics for the day

15 Years Ago

"The world was on fire, no one could save me but you.

Strange what desire will make foolish people do.

I never dreamed that I'd love somebody like you.

I never dreamed that I'd lose somebody like you."

Again, the general purpose is to read the lyrics and write a piece - whatever type of piece you'd like - that the lyrics inspired. 

BTW - the song is Wicked Game, Chris Isaac. 

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

Through the bleary fog of sleep and a staunchly planted hangover, I heard the crashing water of a shower accompanied by singing.  I felt the corners of my mouth turn upward inadvertently as I grasped at the sleep that seemed to be slowly fleeting.  My girlfriend loved music, one of the many things that we had in common.  She loved to sing as well, although she was painfully shy about it.  The first time she’d sung for me, her voice was timid, vulnerable, yet beautiful.  It had moved me, and I wasn’t the type to be emotional about anything.  Beyonce’ she wasn’t, but I loved her singing as I loved so many other things about her. 

Abandoning the idea of resting anymore, I sat up and the full weight of the waiting hangover fell upon me swiftly, and tears burned in my eyes.  That�ll be the last time I ever get that drunk, I promised to myself quietly.  Through the haze of my watery eyes, panic rose in my chest as I began to see that I wasn�t home.  And I was naked and I wasn�t home.  The voice in the shower was not my girlfriend.  I blinked once, then again.  I was hoping that a third blink would mirror Dorothy and her red slippers, and there would be no place like home, but it didn�t work.  I flung myself out of the bed and into my clothes as fast I could, trying to blink the tears away and possibly figure out where I was as I dressed without killing myself in the process, and all before the mystery Shower Songstress appeared.  What I hadn�t noticed in my frantic state is that both the singing and shower had stopped. 

�In a rush?�  She said, and her voice was melodious, seductive, and �  familiar.  I groaned inwardly, and turned to face her.  I sighed and shook my head, not to answer her, but at myself.  �I mean, it�s already like 9, so, she�s probably already looking for you.  I was going to make you some breakfast.  It�s the very least I could do.� Her teasing was even seductive, but I couldn�t allow myself to worry with that now.  How could I have done this to her, I wanted to scream.  Chloe was the best woman I�d ever known.  When I glanced back at Shannon though, I realized how.  Desire flooded me.  She was an amazing woman; beautiful body, exquisite face.  As that desire rushed me, reason fought it off, and the only person I could see was my Chloe.  Her perfect smile.  All I could feel was her overwhelming love for me.  Love that I didn�t deserve before, and damn sure didn�t deserve now.  I grabbed my jacket and headed toward the door, and Shannon pursued me. 

�Dylan, where are you going?�  Shannon�s voice sounded a tad bit annoyed, which wasn�t unlike her.  She was a gorgeous girl, used to getting her way all the time.  Right now, she wanted me to stay, but I had to go.  What I had at home was way more than this.  I didn�t answer her, just grabbed my keys and cell phone off the table, and walked out the door.  I could almost feel Shannon�s heat as she slammed the door behind me.  I checked my cell phone, and saw the hundreds of missed calls, and unanswered texts.  I sighed, and directed my attention to getting out of Shannon�s building, to get to my car, to get home.  I would worry about what to say the whole way there, but there was no way I could lose Chloe.  Not for this.  As I approached my car, I started to walk faster, and then broke into a jog.  I threw my jacket in the passenger seat, and noticed a reflection in my windshield.  A key sat on my dashboard, and glinted in the sunlight, mocking me.  Although I never cried, I felt myself overwhelmed with the desire to do it now.  It was Chloe�s key to our house.  She�d known where I was and clearly, what I was doing.  The one woman that I loved the most, that loved me the most, I�d lost. 

[no subject]

15 Years Ago

I dream of you

And wait calmly for your return

Past due

Though I know my efforts could end downturned

You said you would be here

Now I�m alone, my way unlit

You promised not one tear

Not another hit

I�m gone now

To a faraway land

To sing my song