New Generation Beats : Forum : Welcome!

[reply] [quote]

Welcome!

16 Years Ago

Hi everyone! I hope we get some more members soon, I invited quite a few people a moment ago.

Let the Beat go on. :D

[reply] [quote]

[no subject]

16 Years Ago

Nice fella : S   If that's his attitude, I'm glad you stepped on his toes.  Let's break his typing fingers next.

I'm happy to be in this group.  I love the Beats- they awakened my writing and actually shifted my thinking in life.  The works of Kerouac in particular touched a nerve in me and I think of him almost every time I write.  Thanks for starting this!

[reply] [quote]

Re: Welcome!

11 Years Ago

i love the beats and hope to oneday combine the power of ginsberg with the genius of burroughs they are the reason i write at all anymore but lets not forget mr.pissdrunk himself bukowski. i hope you guys/gals like my work please check it out if you would your advice would be awesome thanx
[reply] [quote]

if anyone feels like giving me any advice on theese poems of mine i would be very gratefull

11 Years Ago

thin lips A Poem by stephen dillon
" i though i'd poke some fun at the writers who overload their work with images for the sake of sounding smart "
“Thin Lips”Fundamentally overdeveloped phonetics systematically scrohnized into blizzards of syntax, compiled into contrary concerto’s manifested through visions of symbiotic symbolism without concern for mangled legs of literary lions growling at pathetic paramours promoting the neglectful negation of nonsense nouns serving the singular purpose of flexing the musical muscle , expelling this English escape artist from his own crowded classroom, high below the afore mentioned afterbirth apocalypse spilling out and up the spiral spine of regurgitating readers remaking and renaming but never renewing always hiccup and ha’chewing snot nosed manifesto pre chewed gum post chewing.
[reply] [quote]

Re: review?

11 Years Ago

What Smeels Have to Say A Poem by stephen dillon
" ? "
Composition grapes smashed together into wine drunk from a chalice, texture, and smell, while the swiller of satire has the future seen through a keyhole, drunkenly distorted haze made abstract by thoughts from "other mind”, the one that stumbles forward onto cobblestone kneecaps. Down River, down Broughton learning from my city what smells have to say and what jazz corner hustler is selling his fix for, maybe nothing but a wolfish grin with teeth dripping in American dollars, have no fear you learned bravery with your craft, garbage disposal logic got you on bus, train, plane where you appear in a poof of light on stage in reading houses, cafe’s, and auditoriums.
When particals of your rock n roll language caught on you've made it big,proud?happy?
Not quite until you have toppled idols and muted genius.
Just remember dig until you have got pay dirt and even then wash away livings veil of refuge to publish gold from the mud in which you are made and from which you are named
[reply] [quote]

Re: Welcome!

10 Years Ago

Bukowski rules! Even though not technically a Beat, he's my favorite poet. Love Hank.