Nouveau Novelists : Forum : FAQ And Rules! {Please Read!}

[reply] [quote]

FAQ And Rules! {Please Read!}

8 Years Ago

FAQ:

Q: "Can I invite a friend?" 
A: Of course! We love seeing new members around here. We welcome everyone! Just send said person a link leading them to our page. 

Q: "Can anyone make a thread here?"
A: Yes, of course! As long as it follows the rules, and is not a direct copy of another thread, then you should be fine. If the thread gets taken down, you will be sent mail explaining why. 

Q: "How old do you have to be to join Nouveau Novelists?"
A: We accept all ages of writers here! It doesn't matter if you're 9, or 99! But if you DO happen to be under 18, be safe, and be smart. Don't give anyone your personal info, even if they ask!

Q: "When do you plan on doing contests, activities, etc.?"
A: It's either every month, or when someone requests that we do something along the lines of those things you listed.

Q: "Someone is being mean to me!"
A: Block them, and alert a moderator. They should be able to help. You can always talk to me afterwards, and I will consider kicking them out of the group.

Q: "My writing got deleted! Why?"
A: It was most likely a violation of our rules, or talks about a subject that may be triggering or inappropriate. Talk it over with me, and I may be able to reconsider.

Q: "Can I be a mod/can you resign so that I can take over the group? :3"
A: Absolutely not. I hate to sound rude, but I don't honestly trust other people to run the group. If I get tired of this group, or if other things emerge and I am not able to continue running the group, then I will choose a close friend or good member from the group to take over for me.

Q: "I still have more questions!"
A: Then mail me, and I will try my best at answering them. After that, they will be added to the FAQ list. 

Thanks! 
-TakingFlyte

Rules:
1. No swearing or using profanity of any kind. This is supposed to be a PG group, and I'm not sure that our younger members or their parents would enjoy seeing that kind of language in a thread. 

2. No sexual/inappropriate themes allowed in your poetry, stories, threads, etc. if they are going to be used here. Once again, this is a PG group. Please consider the members that would be sensitive to those topics.

3. Refrain from using ALL CAPS, chatspeak, or anything else that would be considered a nuisance to our members and to me. Emoticons or text faces are welcomed, as long as they are not used too often. 

3. Refrain from spamming poetry or stories here. We love seeing your creative writings and your talent, but please limit yourself to 4-6 pieces a day. That way we can review it without much hassle. 

4. No begging to be a mod/have the group to yourself. I've gotten this before on other websites, and it is insanely annoying. I would love your help, just not right now.

5. No inappropriate avatars/pictures on your writing. Please keep it clean.

6. No hating on other people's writing/being mean in general. This one is very important, as you can get kicked out of the group if you are not having a positive impact on our community.

Failing to follow the above rules may result in being expelled from the group/being reported to the mods. More rules and FAQs to be added later as they arrive. 

Thank you for understanding.
-TakingFlyte