Novel Critique circle : Forum : Prologue

Prologue

9 Years Ago

I remember how it all began. I can recall the freezing night air stirring around my face, burning through my nostrils and filling up my lungs; even the taste of the three inch, full flavor cigarette as it flowed into my mouth leaving my throat sore, teeth stained, and mind at ease. It felt familiar. I never wanted to leave the spot on the sidewalk that held me. Nor did I want to leave the sight and sounds of the colorful automobiles that made up the city that had raised me. I was even reluctant to leave the people operating said automobiles, as angry, disrespectful, and just plain nasty that they may very well be. Regardless of my reluctance, and my gut feeling that I had telling me that if I left this spot in front of my one bedroom apartment things would not end well for me. Yet I shyly made my way over to and entered the vehicle that had eagerly whipped into the parking space on the opposite side of the street. Little did I know that I had stumbled upon a series of events that would soon lead to my untimely and unfortunate death.