Rebecca Corliss Music Group : Forum : REBECCA CORLISS MUSIC GROUP, D..

REBECCA CORLISS MUSIC GROUP, DC A CAPPELLA INSPIRING MY BOSTON SOUL

10 Years Ago

While I was running my group Common Sound, I was honored to have an amazing friend named Brian Brandler as my co-leader. He was my primary support throughout the massive roller coaster that was starting a group for the first time. We were a fabulous pair – two cups vision and one cup well-oiled machine. We balanced each other nicely. 

However, about two years ago, Brian moved to DC for a grad program and a new adventure. It was bitter sweet. He was going to study music and psychology, and I would miss him terribly. Would a cappella be as enjoyable and inspiring without him?Life continued, as did the group and my singing. As we all got into a new routine, I also started jabbing Brian: When are you going to join a group? When are you going to join a group?  While he said  he wanted to wait a bit, soon enough he decided to bite the bullet and audition. 

Brian joined a DC A Cappella group Vox Pop. And they are, in a word, fantastic. Since Brian joined, they have performed in a cappella festivals, opened for famous a cappella groups like Afro Blue, and even recorded an entire album.