The Cultural Uprising : Forum : Ageism?

[reply] [quote]

Ageism?

10 Years Ago

Hey, I've been a revolutionary all my life - and I'm getting on a bit now. In my experience age doesn't define the politics of the person - it's the politics that define you! What makes a revolutionary is the confidence to reject the hypocritical ideology that defends capitalism; left and right. Where does this confidence come from? Parents probably. 
[reply] [quote]

Re: Ageism?

10 Years Ago

Are you saying you do not believe in capitalism. Are you saying defending capitalism is a form of hypocrisy? I believe defending capitalism is defending my rights to a smaller government. A smaller government gives people the freedom to express and explore their talents and to thrive from them.     Mari Ana
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Nix
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

Thank you for sharing your opinion! But I believe the place we need to begin our revolution is not finding the faults in our government but finding the faults within ourselves. Because problems in government are not isolated. They would not be so prominent if they did not have a place in society as well. It is always easier to see the faults of someone else than to recognize your own. Soon this generation will be the ones governing our great nation. So why don't we address the problem now?
[reply] [quote]

10 Years Ago

I didn't really come on to this website for a political debate - I get enough of that on Facebook. If you want to follow my thoughts on the subject I have another blog with a collection of political essays:  would be happy to debate with you there. I very much agree that an 'internal' psychological revolution has to happen before we can free ourselves collectively from, exploitation, poverty, mass unemployment, war etc, etc. All of which can be traced to production for profit (capitalism) anyone who wants one without the other is an idealist of the most extreme naivety, Wez