The Not So Lonely Planet : Forum : Favourite destination

Favourite destination

17 Years Ago

Where is your favourite place in the world? Where do you drift away to in those moments when daydreams take over and reality is ditched in favour of that spot that, if you're really honest with yourself, you know is where you're happiest.

And why? Is it the atmosphere of the place, the location or perhaps a happy memory of events that have unfolded there in the past.

And, perhaps most importantly, how did this place affect your writing?

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Ireland is my favorite destination. It was just a wonderful place to visit and many things happen to make me realize the bigger picture of life. The conversation I had with each person was amazing. Ireland did seem more to me like a dream,but it wasn't. For the short time I was there, I learned my long term - life lessons. Plus, I loved Sligo, where W.B.Yeats lived. It was a town that had it's own gravitation. It had it on me, I didn't want to leave that place.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Grant Eckert
Ireland is my favorite destination. It was just a wonderful place to visit and many things happen to make me realize the bigger picture of life. The conversation I had with each person was amazing. Ireland did seem more to me like a dream,but it wasn't. For the short time I was there, I learned my long term - life lessons. Plus, I loved Sligo, where W.B.Yeats lived. It was a town that had it's own gravitation. It had it on me, I didn't want to leave that place.

I'd love to see more of Ireland. I've been to Dublin a few times which is a great town but, as so many people have told me, Dublin is completely deperate from Ireland in attitude, scenery and pace of life. I recently read "Round Ireland with a Fridge" by Tony Hawks - an amusing account of a hitchiker with a twist that seems to capture the true essence of the Iish 'Craic'.

[no subject]

17 Years Ago

If you go back a few places I would suggest are Cork,Galway,Derry,and Sligo. Cork is a very pleasant town. The people are very nice. It was interesting to go to the top of the hills and look down at the city. When I went, Cork was having there annual jazz festival and the place was mobbed with people. Galway seems very artistic. Derry is interesting because the city centre has a wall around it like a castle.Sligo is a small town, but very interesting and peaceful.

I liked most of the places I have been outside of the US: Bangkok, Hong Kong, Prague, Budapest. It is interesting to see different peoples cultures.