UnReviewed : Forum : Don't Be Shy!

[send message][befriend] Subscribe

Don't Be Shy!

8 Years Ago

We're all writers here. Good or bad, ugly or pretty, young or old, experienced or new; bottom line is that we're all here to express ourselves and improve our writing abilities.

So get in here! Join the group, invite your friends, and most importantly: review!

You don't have to be a seasoned veteran with numerous published works to tell someone you thought their poem was awesome, except that they misspelled "does". Or that they fluctuated between tenses in a story or chapter. And if you didn't like a part of a piece you can say that too! Just be sure to explain your opinions so that the writer understands what they can work on to improve.

Also, introduce yourself! Tell us what you want from the group and what you have to give. If you have special projects that you're working on or if you're looking for something to fill your time. We're one big family here, so don't be afraid to be yourself.

Write, Read, & Review!

Re: Don't Be Shy!

8 Years Ago

I am new here.  I have no "assignments" so took the liberty of reviewing some work, the featured and starting at the top in the writing section.  If I review something, I review it the way I would like my work reviewed.  And I want to know what isn't working and what I need to consider doing.  I do not have a bachelor's degree, a master's degree, or anything else. (I am an avid reader and spend a fortune at the store on books, prefer them to TV).  I am not an editor or anything like that.  I do and can read and enjoy it.  So my comments may be not worth stating, except I am the ignorant reader, lol. And a lot of stuff in here I may read and review, may not be in my genre.  Take my comments with a grain of salt, I am one person among many, and no matter what you do in life there are those that agree and those that disagree.  To often everyone is offended now a days.  I do not offend easily.  I view differences of opinion as discussions not arguments, and you can't learn without them.  A lot of writing is subjective anyway, we all bring our own personal experiences into what we read, and no two people will necessarily interpret it the same.

Re: Don't Be Shy!

8 Years Ago

I just arrived awhile ago.
Joined af