Underground Writers Network : Forum : EVIL IN THE SHADOWS

EVIL IN THE SHADOWS

9 Years Ago

EVIL IN THE SHADOWS (PART 1) Dear Diary, It all started a week to my birthday. Each morning I woke up screaming, every night I had nightmares. As I woke up and dress each day, fear filled me to the innermost core of my heart. It was now three days to my birthday, the nightmares and the screams that accompanied it had not stooped. So far, I have also felt the presence of someone walking behind me. It is like somebody has been following me. This evening as I returned from work, I felt that same movement behind me as I walked, but when I looked back, No one was in sight, no car was in the neighbourhood, I was all alone. I screamed and ran like a possessed man into my apartment. I locked the door firmly and ensured that the windows were well closed. The room felt like a safe haven and so I calmed down. I smiled to myself for a job well-done of escaping from the trauma. That was my first smile that day, after my day had been filled with strong feels of fright. I walked to the water dispenser and filled my cup with cold water. I drank it with great relief and moved towards my centre table. It was still dark in the room but i was so familiar with the room that I could move around easily either in light or darkness. I reached the table in other to drop the empty cup and then I noticed an envelope on the table. I moved to the switch, turned it on and opened the envelope. Instantly, I was gripped with panic as I gazed at images of myself lying in the pool of my own blood with a sharp cut across my neck. The pictures were taken from different positions. As I stared at the pictures, my hands started shaking, my teeth were trembling and it seemed they were all about to fall off. Blood, blood!!! I hated the smell and sight of it and seeing myself soaked in it caused my body to experience fear beyond measure but it was not the pictures that caused my body to actually lose control, it was the shadow. The shadow of the man lurking at a corner in my apartment. As I gazed at him, he walked towards me in his black cloth holding a large axe in his hand and as I looked into those eyes of his, they promised untold pain, suffering and agony. I could no longer bear the horror and dread of the pass few days, the fear conquered me and so I screamed, screamed like a mad bulldog and fainted. ... TO BE CONTINUED...