Weird Warriors : Forum : What is love?

[reply] [quote]

What is love?

14 Years Ago

The question we all have to face at some point in our lives. I am not sure what love is, or if I'll ever find it, or if it even exists. But it is a topic everyone is afraid to talk about so, lets talk about it, shall we?   What is love to you? Are you in love? Do you know the difference between Storge and Agape love?   If any of you are interested, by the way, I have a little... assignment, on love that you would all benefit to try out. You don't have to stick it through till the end, but I suggest you at least try it out. Message me if you are interested and we can get started. Be sure not that, if you do message me, you are not going to cheat because it won't benefit you if you do.
[reply] [quote]

Re: What is love?

14 Years Ago

Love is indescribable.
[reply] [quote]

14 Years Ago

Love is something that will hit everyone's lives at some point. It sometimes really sucks too.
[reply] [quote]

14 Years Ago

Love is a feeling a person gets. It is a happiness to be around their lover, or a saddness to be seperated. Sometimes it hits people head on, and sometimes it just creeps up on them. Love can fade, but sometimes it never really does. Love by itself CANNOT hold up a marriage, it also takes respect, understanding, and compromise. Love is not always like fireworks, and a person will know if they are in love. It isn't that a person is stuck in their head, but the wanting of that person to be stuck in their head.   Does that make sense?
[reply] [quote]

14 Years Ago

What is love? Sure everybody ask this question at least once in life. Everybody will give you different description.
Somehow I turn to be very doubtful and analytic about this topic and it turned out that for me it's the same as it for brain (somehow it sound really cold hearted). It's about choosing the right partner. Not just for a night or a few months, but I'm talking here about years to come. It's not just liking being with them, but also respecting them, being able to compromise, liking them for what they truly are and have a load of shared interests, because physical appeal is just not going to cut it (especially not in long term). The emotional investment in this is huge so I'm very careful about this topic as everything has tendency to get complicated and the potential that I'll get hurt is huge.
Also I see how my friends lost time in the less desirable moments due to this, not to mention one case when they started ignoring each other, because of a girl. So I sadly don't have any positive experiences with love around me or in person.
[reply] [quote]

14 Years Ago

It's weird how some people will think of love as romantic love and others will think of love as being with family. That's the first thing I thought of when I read this. Love is family. That's not to say I don't understand there are different kinds. At the beginning I didn't know what storge and agape love was. Sure I knew the concepts, just not the definitions.

Depending on what kind of mood you'll catch me in, my definition of love will always change from the caustically cynical view that "there is no such thing as forever when love is concerned" to the truth as I see it, "words don't matter, love is never about words."

But I'll have to say that there is that little guy running around behind the scenes in my head and he's only interested in the actual chemical processes in the human body that culminate as this thing, that makes people act all goofy, called love. Mothers lifting cars off their children. People gearing up to go and fight for their country. An almost clinical need to preform some sort of activity, you know, writing, singing, painting, all that kind of thing. That little guy in my head looks at everything logically and says that love is nothing more than a way to perpetuate the species and evolve.

I don't really think there is a single unifying definition of the word "love", hell, even the concept of it will keep people batting it back and forth in deep philosophical arguments. A mother will speak of her kids, kids will speak of Romeo and Juliet and their endless emulations, single guys will speak of logic, fathers will speak of... sports.

Love isn't always smiling and feeling pride when a son/daughter/niece/nephew/grandkid does something right. Love is sometimes that blazing anger of seeing that same kid making the exact same mistakes that you did when you were young. Love isn't always warm cozy nights laughing in each other's arms, sometimes love is feeling that pain of considering letting go. Love isn't always all the good memories, love is hoping you'll wake up and forget. Sometimes, love will fill you up until bursting with happiness, love is also that deep dark hole that will never be filled again.

Love is sitting here and thinking all of this and then it hits me that if my little brother saw that, he'd snicker about a "deep dark hole getting filled" and it makes me laugh and wonder what he's up to.

I don't know, it's a question for the ages, "What is love?". Something that's probably been thought over since man first figured out how to bang a couple of rocks together. The only thing I know for sure is that it's a song by Haddaway. Oddly enough, I learned that from Chris Coutts' Romeo and Juliet - Tales for the l33t.