Writers who have lived and learned. : Forum : Words From a Girl whose misund..

Words From a Girl whose misunderstood...

10 Years Ago

I feel bad for all the kids in this world who carry the burden of never being good enough for their parents. It's the kind of pain you just can't explain. Every failed attempt is like a knife stabbing into your heart. Those heart breaking words "Why can't you be more like him or her" "You'll never be good enough", sound familiar? Those words are like salt being added to a wound that never heals. For those who have never experienced that will never understand you. They'll tell you your just over exaggerating. Take it from someone who has been dealing with it since the day she was born. Writing is my only medicine. My parents will never understand how bad they have hurt me by never being there or supporting me. All I ever wanted was to hear my parents say I'm proud of you or I'm so thankful your my daughter. That's when reality hits, and I realize I will never in my lifetime hear that. All those words of hate I carry on my shoulders from the moment I wake till I close my eyes for rest. Dear mom and dad, I'm sorry for anything I ever did to make you guys resent me. I'm sorry for being born. I will never forget anything you two have ever said. I look at my siblings each day and ask myself what am I doing so wrong? I'm sorry I could never be the daughter you guys ever wanted. You took my ability to ever trust someone not to hurt me as much as you did. You have forever changed me and the way I look at myself. I know one day I will succeed and everything will change from that point on. No one not even you guys will hold me back or put me down. Words from a girl whose misunderstood and in pain.