Writing a Novel Support Group : Forum : Your Novel

[reply] [quote]

Your Novel

11 Years Ago

Hey guys, post your novel title and idea here and with it, we can help each other with a bit of brainstorming if you don't have an entire idea. 
[reply] [quote]

Re: Your Novel

11 Years Ago

Mine is called Walter Giles. It's about a kid whose parent's moved from Russia before he was born, but later, he begins being threatened as he dives more into his family history. Then he is pulled into a world where his father was leader of a prostitution and his mother was one of his girls. 
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

Hey everyone! Thanks for the welcome Iyanna Orr. The novel I'm struggling with is called Eucumbene. It's about a guy with a pretty intense life and inner world. I'm starting off with him getting obsessed over a girl, and having strange memories of his childhood and of his mum's abusive partner. As his own life unfolds, he tries to put together the pieces of their stories. The writing is a big experiment to fill someone else's skin. It's verry crazy, but something different maybe;) Please see what you think so far.
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

Hi my novel is called A Different Kind of Giant. It started as a story I told my son everytime we drove anywhere. The protagonist is a Little Person in his late teens. He's a former wrestler and holds a bench press record. Despite his accomplishments he constantly battles discrimination. His journey takes him to Atlanta, Georgia where he adopts an abused pit bull and meets the love of his life. In the process he rides motorcycles, fights kidnappers and deals with the loss of his adoptive parents. I've only made it as far as getting a copyright and posting a chapter here. I'll read anyone's work and give a constructive review in exchange for the same.
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

"Thios", the prince of the small and crumbling country of Iluous on a planet that has many names, has just lost his brother. He was murdered, shot in the head by humans, who had suddenly landed on their planet and started killing any moving creature they found, during his crowning ceremony. The ceremony in which he would become their "king". In a fit of rage, Thios, now serving as king in place of his now deceased brother, sets out to find just who exactly killed his brother, who he was incredibly close to, who had done absolutely nothing wrong. With the help of his childhood friend and servant, Hasi'l, he learns that humans, a strange people who only recently began seriously exploring space, were the cause of his brother’s death. Maybe not all of them were at fault. Maybe it was all the work of only a few people. Maybe only one was at fault. However, Thios doesn't care. He sets out for the distant blue planet, intending to reduce the lively planet to a scarred and barren wasteland.
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

Hi Writing a Novel Support Group members,
I am new to this group.  I am a year off from being a teenager.  I thought that this group would fit me because it said in the description that this is for young adults or teenagers who are writing their first book.  Anyways, I want to start out with a short book on how to make money when you are a kid.  I call it "How to Grow a Money Tree in Your Backyard for Kids."

Thanks,
Kidwriterinc
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

Another book I am writing is called "Ike Garvin."  I think I would like to mess with the name a bit.  It is about a boy who lost his family and goes on a quest to rescue them from an evil goblin.  Any tips on a new name?
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

Hi everyone,

I've started my first novel called "Locked" its a YA,Lesbian/Gay,Romance, Adventure. I have few basic ideas of what's going to happen. Basically the protagonist in Locked in her room at by her Uncle. Whom hopes to get possession of the money that was left to her by her parents. She's been there for 9years when an old friend helps her escape. I'll be using a one thing leads to another plot style. I'm working on it slowly as I work on some short stories so that i can build my creditability as writer.

[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

Originally posted by kidwriterinc
Another book I am writing is called "Ike Garvin."  I think I would like to mess with the name a bit.  It is about a boy who lost his family and goes on a quest to rescue them from an evil goblin.  Any tips on a new name?

How about you name it Goblin Boy
[reply] [quote]

11 Years Ago

Hey I'm writing a book (or at least attempting to) called Monster. I've got one chapter finished and trying to figure out the seacond. So far I've only posted the intro. Please tell me if you like the beginning or are even slightly interested. Thanks! Love, CreativeCookie