Young Adult Genre : Forum : Just to start...

Just to start...

10 Years Ago

Let me know who you are and what you want out of this YA forum.

Re: Just to start...

10 Years Ago

My name is Natalie, and I am by no means professional or anything, in fact I'm pretty young-adultish myself.
I'm working on a novel called The Unlikely, and I just figured I should get a little help, as this whole writing-long-projects-with-gasp!-a-decent-story thing is just a series of shots in the dark for me.

10 Years Ago

Hi Natalie, This sounds a lot like my current situation. I am about half way through my first novel however it is all over the place so I decided to do what's called the Three-Act, Eight-Sequence Structure. And within that use the Index Card Method. I am reading a book called Screenwriting Tricks for Authors by Alexandra Sokoloff, a published writer, that is where I got the method from. But I just want to connect in general to other aspiring authors because sometimes you just need to talk it out. Plus, I just want to help others and it's a great idea to edit others work to help when editing your own.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Meg

10 Years Ago

My name is Meg and I have want to be able to discuss ideas, also to get feedback on each others writing or what have you. I am in no way professional either, but I would love to be able to become a better writer and discuss stuff with other people. 

10 Years Ago

I'm going nowhere fast with the book, I have literally just finished the first chapter after rewriting it five or six times. It's about a group of kids who live in a Wal-Mart after the plague apocalypse, but they have to run away fro personal reasons, and survive in a cruel, dead world. 
It's kind of really clicheed.

10 Years Ago

I just read what you put up and no matter how clichéd you think something is you can put your own spin on it. You may not come up with something original at first but J.K. Rowling took 7 years to write Harry Potter. Writing is an art and we writers don't want our art bashed so we take our time and ideas will come to you out of nowhere. So when you get them write them down. If your writing all over the place I would suggest using a structural writing process. Currently I am using the Three-act, Eight-sequence structure that is also used for screenwriting. But there are lots of processes that you can use. You may just have to ask around on writer café or do some research. But a lot of writer can just sit down and write no structure required. It's about finding your ebb and flow.

9 Years Ago

Hi, I'm Danielle, I'm new to this site. I'm unsure how all this works, but I figured saying hi was a start. I'm working on a novel called "To Break The Silence." I would love for anyone to critique what I have, the harsher the better (lets me know what I have to fix). Critiques keep me motivated and I'll actually work on my story if I know I actually have some interest and people need more to read. I posted the first chapter, but I have a lot more written, so if you decide to give me a chance and like what I have so far just message me and we'll go from there. Thanks, looking forward to meeting new writing friends!

9 Years Ago

Hi, my name is Hannah.
I'm working on a novel that I've been playing around with for a little over a year. I'm really excited about it and would love if anyone would take a look at it and tell me what you think. I welcome all feedback and would happy to do the same for anyone. 

9 Years Ago

My name is Amy and I am rediscovering the joys of writing after about 4 years. :) I am really looking for some support and encouragement to hopefully finish the story I have been working on since I was a freshman in high school (so about a decade ago...). I can get kind of scatterbrained as new ideas and thoughts pop into my head so a group of people to help check what I have written to make sure it makes sense would be fabulous!