Chapter One: Clues.

Chapter One: Clues.

A Chapter by Zenovia
"

CHAPTER F*****G ONE

"

When given the option of life or death, any sane person would choose life right? If so...I’m not sane. I’ve let countless die, die when they could have been saved. They died because of one person’s judgement. That person is me. I always thought having special abilities or powers would make life easier. Everyone did…


                    We were wrong.


          This curse, it's haunted me. It's everywhere I look. Throughout history and time, the helpless were saved by saviors. Whether it be species, race, family or living thing. We were saved by someone or something else in our time of need. Yet I cannot be helped. I am neither the helpless or the saviors. Yet I can be one or the other.


         I chose to be a bystander. I chose to be neither the villain or the hero. I watch on the sidelines because I’m a coward. I fear the unknown. This curse gives me the ability to know more than everyone else, yet if I try to use that knowledge I bring myself to the unknown. There is one flaw with this curse, I do not know when I die. I see everyone else's date, yet I don't see mine. I’ve tried countless times to find it and each time I failed.


        Everytime I look at someone, I see their date in my mind. The date of their death appears in my mind, long enough for me to remember it. No matter what method I use to see someone, their date appears. Except for mine. Mirror, pictures and anything you could think of, I’ve tried it. Normally people wouldn’t think much about this, as everything isn’t perfect. Recent events have triggered these trains of thoughts.


         A sudden change of behavior of the people around me, the atmosphere around me sparked these thoughts. I, out of anyone in this world knows that a single ripple in a still ocean can become a rampaging tsunami. I’ve seen it happen with my own eyes. What my powers can do, the consequences of this curse. I fear my time is running out, sooner than it should be. One thing has hinted towards that concept. Only now have I come to realize how important that moment I brushed aside as nothing is.


        That moment was when I first started seeing the dates. I was a nine year old who could care less about anything else other than having fun. When I first saw the first few dates, I didn’t know what they meant. They didn’t bother carefree nine year old me. Eventually the day came where I found the meaning behind the dates. It was February twelfth 2013, I remember it clearly because it haunts me to this day.


       My parents and their friends came together to go to the amusement park. As soon as we got there we waited on the sidewalk near the parking lot, to meet up with the others. My parents went to go look for one of their friends who were lost. I was told to stand next to one of my Dad’s friends. He was a tall middle aged man. He told me to stay on the sidewalk and next to him. I listened to him and stayed. I looked at the people around me. One person in particular stood out to me. He was a teenage boy who wore ripped jeans and a striped sleeve shirt.


       I looked at him and his date appeared. It was today, February twelfth. Something in me froze, fear spread throughout me like a wildfire. My perception of what was going on around me slowed. Everything was slow-mo. My consciousness was trying to tell me something. I saw the boy walk towards the street. He was laughing and looking at his friends. Something in me screamed and I ran towards the boy.


          Don’t!” I yelled.


         “What? Don't what?” He responded confused.


         “Don’t cross the road, it’s dangerous.” Words came out of my mouth.


         He laughed. “How old do you think I am? I can cross a road safely.” He continued to walk towards the street.


         He reached the curb, then my body reacted. I ran towards the boy and held on to his arm.


         “Let go of me!” He yelled.


        At this point, our situation had caught the attention of some of the adults. They called us back on the sidewalk. Both of us were too focused on one another to notice their calls.


        He grabbed my wrist and twisted it. That prompted me to let go of his arm. He threw me away from the curb. As I was falling I saw a light from the corner of my eye. The sound a horn and people screaming. Next thing I knew I was flying across the street. I slid across the rough concrete, the pain enveloped me. People were running to my aid. My vision began to blur, my hearing was gone, slowly I was losing conscious.


        The last thing I saw was a girl I knew. She was in my class, Laura. A few weeks ago, she confessed that she liked me. A elementary love, childish and innocent. Then the darkness consumed me. One thing appeared before the void completely took me, her date. It was 8/16/2067. This is significant because it was 5/23/2083 earlier…


       While unconscious my brain put the pieces of the puzzle together. I realize the dates were the date of the day they die. The boy I stopped lived, his date changed. I woke up in the hospital. I looked around, my family members were all staring at me. In surprise, as if God himself came to visit. Some broke down crying overfilled with joy while others hugged me and expressed their joy with words. They said that I wasn’t supposed to wake up. The doctor told them to enjoy the last moments they were going to have with me.


          It was a miracle. Then I saw Laura. Her date appeared again, 5/23/2083. Laura's date changed again. The only explanation was that it was related to me. Her life is shortened if I do not exist. This theory is proved once again in present day. November 13, 2020, her date was shortened. No one else in the world has this power, at least in theory. I came to the conclusion that those wielding this power do not have death dates as the user can change their date countless times.


          My life is coming to an end, the change of behavior, atmosphere and Laura’s death date. It scares me, something I know nothing about is going to kill me and I have no leads to who or what it is. No matter how much I hate these burden put upon me by wielding this curse, I mustn't let it go to waste. One day I will become a savior. Not the bystander I am now nor the helpless I want to be.


Today, November 20, 2020, has been the same like the past week. Everyone abnormally nice and happy. Life was looking up for me, everything around me was beginning to turn into a perfect world. Which is more the reason why I can’t trust it. This power has done me no good so far and I won’t fall into this trap. I, the wielder of the death date curse, is named Zenith.



© 2018 Zenovia


Author's Note

Zenovia
I am retarded

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on January 5, 2018
Last Updated on January 5, 2018
Tags: Retarded Shit, Supernatural, Action, Mystery, Romance, Fiction


Author

Zenovia
Zenovia

Burger, NC



About
I don't have the will to live. If you are the same, read my poor excuse of a story. more..

Writing
Death Date Death Date

A Book by Zenovia


Arceae: Prologue Arceae: Prologue

A Chapter by Zenovia


Arceae: Rise Arceae: Rise

A Chapter by Zenovia