Love Induced.

Love Induced.

A Poem by 54NDR4 4DJ31
"

Amirah and Peter, a poem of their love.

"

Dear Amirah,

You’re warmer than I remember; those nights I slept beside you as nothing more than a friend.

You’d invite me over, tell me I had to use the window, said your dad was guarding the door.

That morning your mum caught me with a leg dangling from the ledge, you took a hit to the cheek, said I’d have to use the door from then on.

For a week, you vanished, returned with a bruise to the head. First day you returned, your dad dropped you, I came running, and you shuffled past me.  He grinned; told me to “scram”, but looking into the car I saw the bloodied hijab.

 

Dear Peter,

You’re tenser than I remember, that night you stole me away you lied that nothing would change.

When Pa was out, you came over; lied that Pa had invited you over.

I watched you from the top of the staircase, while you watched my Ma spike the tea you later poured into a vase.

Ma said I was a sinner for loving you, she confessed what I couldn’t; my hand belonged to another.

You left, ignored me for two months, and on the first day of the third month a pebble hit my window.

“Get your things, we’re leaving, I got a place,” you said.

 

Dear Reader,

The two children, still young to the world, shared a kiss and a smile.

Peter, with shaky arms reached for the hand of Amirah, “will you marry me?”

Young maybe, wiser still, their love strums the favourable chords of fortune.

“Yes, I will,” Amirah, with clammy palms grips Peter’s wrists.

Wrapped in an embrace, both parties apologise for their deceits, and drift into regret.

In the shelter of their apartment, no level of loathing may penetrate their ‘love’.

© 2013 54NDR4 4DJ31


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

different but lovely write my friend. keep it up!^^

Posted 10 Years Ago


Thank you for sharing....Bravo....................

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 11, 2013
Last Updated on November 11, 2013
Tags: love, escape

Author

54NDR4 4DJ31
54NDR4 4DJ31

London, United Kingdom



About
Full name Sandra Adjei (54NDR4 4DJ31), slightly 'immature' code-naming system, but what else can you do when you're not the only Sandra around. Not much, that's what. I am a fourteen (almost fifte.. more..

Writing
Chapter One. Chapter One.

A Chapter by 54NDR4 4DJ31


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by 54NDR4 4DJ31