Letter to an officer

Letter to an officer

A Poem by Kasey Miriam

Dear officer,

You don't know me and I don't know you.
But with that being true I still have more respect for you than anyone will ever know.
I know that you have loved ones that are happy to see you come home at the end of each shift.
I know you have a job where people either hate you or beg for help. Sometimes one person will do both.
The number of people you've helped I hope is larger than the people that you've lost.
More than anything I'm hope you continue to go home at the end of each and every shift. Because I know one who didn't get to come home and although he wasn't related to me. I knew his daughters all so well. I know all the things he missed in their lives and am thankful that my dad is one that gets to come home. The loss of that officer I knew seven years ago changed how I see the world and I couldn't be more thankful for everything you do.

The loving daughter of an officer.

© 2017 Kasey Miriam


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

People who put their lives on the line for us.
Deserve our utmost respect.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kasey Miriam

6 Years Ago

I believe so. sadly not everyone does

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 15, 2017
Last Updated on November 11, 2017

Author

Kasey Miriam
Kasey Miriam

OH



About
Curently a 28 year old wife and mother. My life revoles around my family and our children are the biggest blessing in life. I love to write Haiku and free verse poetry. more..

Writing