Hell's Corridors

Hell's Corridors

A Poem by A Bitter FooL

Hell's corridors, blackened our minds, broke our bodies and stained our souls. Scorched dead land beckoned to us, offering the release. Innocence forgotten and empathy lost, we bombarded the enemy for an eternity. Forgive us, for we know not what we do.


Hell's corridors, where soulless men trudged. One by one they fell. The bodies of the forgotten littered the earth. Not one stopped, not one acknowledged the lost. The souls of the dammed walk this soil forever. Forgive us, for we know not what we do.


Hell's corridors, where the insane see glory. Limbs weak, we fought. Bodies broken, we fought. Faces stained red, we fought. The absence of glory, occupied by fear. Grown men cower in hell's sewage, yearning for the end, longing for release. Bravery dwindling, we fought. Forgive us, for we know not what we do.


Hell's corridors, where man loses more than his life. Deafened by the voice of war, men oblivious to the barrage of gas-shells from the heavens. Clouds of death engulfed us, sending us to the edge of desolation. Men stumbling, gripping at their throats, gasping for air. Everywhere men drowning in their own agony. Many choosing the edge of a barrel to what was to come. Forsake us, for we know what we have done.

© 2015 A Bitter FooL


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on April 3, 2015
Last Updated on April 3, 2015
Tags: War, Death, Agony, Loss, WWI

Author

A Bitter FooL
A Bitter FooL

New Zealand



Writing
Defeat Defeat

A Poem by A Bitter FooL