INTO THE ABYSS OF LIFE

INTO THE ABYSS OF LIFE

A Story by Afandi Shun
"

A journey of person to find a reason to live.

"

I was thinking what life has given to me? Then I started searching here and there and I found out that I have eyes , nose , ears  and moreover time to think about it. I saw greenery of trees. They were full of life that lavish green color which soothes one's mind. And those sights for the eyes. But Alas! they are not permanent cause then comes the horrors of winter follows by the cruelness of autumn. And I say na  I cant find the reason what life has given to me in trees, In those trees which are temporary and soon will be engulfed by the flames of time.

I set out again to search for the meaning of life, to find something. To find the reason by smelling, by my nose. I came to a place full of beautiful scents and smells, these were such enchanting that I felt euphoric and I was like this is the reason for me being here, while standing in the field of enchanting smells surrounding me. I traveled little further to find more smells which were so orgasmic to my taste buds even though I just smelled them, I didn't saw anything. But then my smelled something sorrowful, some sadness and loneliness , I didn't knew what it was on finding I was shocked that I was standing in a desert alone with a single flower fighting the harshness of life and I thought this young flower is alone. He is fighting, trying hard to survive, What else he is getting? I asked "Oh! Morning glory! oh brave young flower! why are you alone? what you get from fighting so hard"? The flower replied with great pride that , "I am the one who stand alone in this harsh weather, I am the one who is fighting hard for my survival, I am the one who is the reason for the beautiful scent that you are  feeling down your nostrils. And you dare to ask what I get in return? I don't expect  anything form others, Because expecting form others is a fool. I live my life for others". I said told the flower "you are fool to think that you are living for others. Because one day others will pluck you. One day when you die, you withers no one will be there for you. why you live for others when no one is there to appreciate you"?  Having said this the flower began to weep and said in a tone so heart wrenching that was unbearable for any living being."I am nothing even I try hard I will get pluck in the end, why you so cruel. Why you told the harsh reality"?

Having left the flower with a heavy heart, I continued my journey and met a Caravan so happy and were enjoy and dancing to the music they played. Sounds so heart touching and mesmerizing that I thought that i finally found my reason to live. To listen to the sounds that area around me. I asked filled with curiosity from the person who looked like leader. "Old wise man! why you people are so happy and what is the reason behind you happiness?" The wise man replied with anger "You damn fool! you dared to call me old? I am the man the leader of these people behind me. Don't judge me by my looks. I am the one who conquered tribes and nations, And looted them, killed there men. Slaughtered their youngs, and old weak, Raped their females, Old and young apart. They cried and weeped but we enjoyed a lot. As we were stronger. So we are playing this music these beautiful sounds to celebrate the victory we achieved". I replied if this music you play is so enchanting, what will be sounds of cries and pleas. When you slaughtered every male and raped every female of the tribes and nations you conquered". Having said this I left them and continued my journey as I knew the my question would be unanswered.

I came to realized the no matter what humans are really useless if they are given the power to do what they want. All they are flock of sheep and without shepherd. They will wander here and there and will try to become what they aren't as this is the cruelty of life. If you are in a herd you will die in a herd, If you are a single morning glory you will die as a single morning glory. The reason we are alive is to witness how far a living soul  get Corrupt before being called back by his Master.

© 2016 Afandi Shun


Author's Note

Afandi Shun
As I am not a native english speaker so sorry for language mistakes. and I hope that those who read this leave their views.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You're presenting an essay, not a story. Story takes place as we read, in real-time, never overview.

The problem is that when you read this you're performing, so it works, But the WAY you speak it matters every bit as much as the words, because the emotional part lives there. But think about how much of your voice makes it to the page.

And as you perform, your facial expression, your eye movement, your gesture and body language matter just as much. But they don't make to to the page, either.

The problem you face is that our school day writing skills are not suitable for fiction on the page because they're deliberately dispassionate, and meant to inform. They are, after all, given us to make us useful to our future employers, and so focus on nonfiction applications like reports, letters, and essays.

Fiction, because its goal is to entertain, has a very different approach. We want our reader to react emotionally, not nod and say, "Uh-huh." When we write horror, for example, our reader doesn't hope we'll tell them the protagonist feels terror. They want us to make THEM afraid to turn out the lights.

To do that we must, first, make them know the scene as the protagonist does. And one very good way is detailed in this article:
http://www.advancedfictionwriting.com/art/scene.php

It's a condensation of a book the article's author says should be on every writer's bookshelf, and I agree. So if the article makes sense, you might give thought to picking up a copy.

Hang in there, and keep on Writing

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

346 Views
1 Review
Added on May 22, 2016
Last Updated on May 22, 2016

Author

Afandi Shun
Afandi Shun

Peshawar , Pakistan



About
Love anything that is in the written from. more..