Who

Who

A Poem by Cœur

Who,

That’s the question.

Who are we?

Are we people?

Are we objects?

Do we even exist?


Who is she?

An object for sure.

And aren’t all women?

Just objects put on Earth

For men’s pleasure?


And who is he?

This man?

Does he hit this woman?

Or kiss her?

Is he also an object?

Or a person?


Who am I?

The shy girl in the corner,

The observer,

The faithless poet.

Am I a person
Or an object?

Do I exist to you?


Who are you?

Are you a lover?

A fighter?

Black or white?

Rich or poor?

Are you an object?

Do you exist?


And does this matter?

Who she is,

Who he is,

Who I am?

Does the way I look define me?

Does her sex define her?

Does reputation define him?


So who are we?

Can that be answered so simply?

And who says who we are?

Do we even know?

That’s the beauty of this life,

We don’t have to know.

We are nothing,

But we are everything.


© 2017 Cœur


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

...and all there is.

Ever lasting questions subject to personal perception ...and change by the moment.

Posted 5 Years Ago


I appreciated this write. A lot of questions I often ponder.

Posted 5 Years Ago


This is a great philosophical web of words! I loved its cadence and its lovely path through your mind's wandering. We all ask these questions... if we're being honest.. we all seek all the answers, but there are injustices and mysteries which we will never comprehend because we are human, we love and we have compassion... the "why" behind a tragic shooting or a rape or unspeakable acts done to children...those "whys" are bewildering, because most of us could never commit unspeakable acts such as those.. there are mental health/psychological damage type answers that may unriddle some of those atrocities, but still...

I love how you ask what defines people, yourself, me... I say, create your own identity and screw all those who would question you in it or those who would seek to judge or harm you because of it. Stay true to yourself.. and those who truly care about you will stick around for your inner self is what matters.. and my guess by how intellectually intriguing your writing is, your inner self is lovely and worthy.

Thanks for writing this and sharing. X

Posted 6 Years Ago


Cœur

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much! :)
words can't describe how much i love this poem. you did a great job at crafting your words and placing them perfectly. it was refreshing to find that somebody else has the same attitude and possibly curiosity about who a person can truly be. your perspective was philosophical and enlightening and your mind is objective and broad. well done.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Cœur

6 Years Ago

Thank you, it means a lot that you think that way.
So who are we?
Can that be answered so simply?
And who says who we are?
Do we even know?
That’s the beauty of this life,
We don’t have to know.
We are nothing,
But we are everything."

This was a very beautiful piece of art! I am blown away by how well you captivate the story and hook the audience right away! You have your own unique writing style and I am very impressed!
Keep the great work up and thank you for your excellent poetry!
And If you want to, would you like to read my story, "The Blonde Girl." You don't have to, I just felt like I should share it with you!
Keep up the great work!

Your friend,

C. lee Battaglia

Posted 6 Years Ago


Cœur

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much, that's very nice of you to say.
I'll read it as soon as I can.
C. Lee Battaglia

6 Years Ago

you are very welcome! And thank you!
coeur,

The first and last question of self ....yes you may call it identity... lies with the pristine question.
the seekers are diverse with answers, but.
Finally all inquiries rest with the same

you are me and i am nothing , but you.

The realisation may be a bit bewildering. But it is left with no choice. Its all the same and all the one who survives with everybody... you and me.
Once it is convinced , we may perhaps be prepared to face more serious questions and be audacious enough to answer them impartially.
But it may not be as easy to get approvals ...that's the fate of original writers .

They will and shall be the icons of future ...painful it is really....the pang of writing also bears this ultimate reality..

its rreally a good attempt to catch hold of ...

you have done it...
carry on...
mp

Posted 6 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
N.
Socrates would be proud of all the questions of life asked in this piece. Love the philosophy behind this work. Questions of the deep that every soul needs answered but cannot find. You did such a wonderful job putting it together with such a nice flow.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Cœur

6 Years Ago

Thank you.
oh, I like the way you wrote this poem, you(re asking a lot of question that need answer but we don't have to answer. your poem remind me of a poem that I wrote "the maze". I will post it now.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Cœur

6 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing, I'll make sure to read it when I get the chance.
There are a lot of questions here and I think that's a pretty normal thing for anyone curious about the world around them. Your last lines are an appropriate way to end a poem of this nature.

There are a million and one things to ask, but--as you've stated, we don't have to know the answers to all of them.

Nicely done.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Cœur

6 Years Ago

Thank you ^^
This poem is beautiful, i love the fact that rime wasn't your objective here but rather sending a message. Your emotions about the subjects were clear and you put them in a nice shape. Our existence is truly a mystery and the fact that we can question it and do so with such a beautiful tool as literature and poetry is heart-warming.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Cœur

6 Years Ago

Thank you ^^

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

944 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 30, 2017
Last Updated on April 30, 2017

Author

Cœur
Cœur

Probably not where you are



About
Hey there, I'm just a hopeless poet that couldn't write a decent piece to save my life, but it's my first love so I keep uploading. My poetry typically doesn't rhyme, I normally do freeverse. Other th.. more..

Writing
Forever Forever

A Story by Cœur


A Perfect Dream A Perfect Dream

A Story by Cœur


You are, I am. You are, I am.

A Poem by Cœur



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Friends Friends

A Poem by emipoemi


Alone Together Alone Together

A Poem by Cœur


You are, I am. You are, I am.

A Poem by Cœur