When Love Just Sucks

When Love Just Sucks

A Story by Alysha
"

I was going through some hard times with my husband (boyfriend at the time) and this little essay helped me to overcome some of them.

"

   There is nothing better than when you fall in love for the first time. You get those perfect butterflies in the pit of your stomach whenever you think of that certain person, but after the first initial fall there are times when love just plain sucks. Most people would sooner give up, when they hit these minor problems, then to tough it out. They think to save themselves the pain and heartache. However what they may not realize is that actually sticking to that special person can make your time with them the most influential.

 

   There’s not much you can do when love sucks, and sometimes it truly does ‘just suck,’ but if you can learn to see past the silly little faults you have found, you see that this little bump is a test to reveal whether or not you truly love that other person. Take it like a test. You know what’s coming and you know what to expect. Look at that person as you used to, or if it’s been too long, look at their faults in a new light, their faults are just as much a part of them as the qualities that attracted you in the first place; attempting to change a person because you don’t like a fault of theirs is a sign of weakening love. If you find a fault overbearing ask them to find another time to say, play their video games or chat online. Make your time with them special don’t overburden them with inviting yourself to their place all the time; give them the time they need to be themselves.

 

   Love is a test that you will never finish no matter how many hours, days, months, or years you have put into it, so don’t worry, because there is no wrong answer just a new beginning. But remember that when love just sucks, it really takes root and grows.

© 2010 Alysha


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

So true.
I need to apply this to my own life.
Except in my case I've been hurt one too many times and I usually reject someone before they can reject me, which in most cases when I look back, probably never would have happened. I let my paranoia take over and then I just add another girl that got away to the list.
I'm like Julia Roberts from "Runaway Bride". lol
I'm trying though. Love is a battlefield.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

325 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 28, 2010
Last Updated on August 11, 2010
Tags: Love, friendship, friends, dating, marriage, happiness, sadness, anger, joy

Author

Alysha
Alysha

San Diego, CA



About
Hello everyone I am Alysha Raelene. I live a simple life with my husband we are experienceing the joys and pains of pregnancy at the moment and we're loving the chance. I love writing and all that go.. more..

Writing
Sonnet # 10 Sonnet # 10

A Poem by Alysha


Sonnet #9 Sonnet #9

A Poem by Alysha


First Words First Words

A Poem by Alysha