The Echo's of the "Best Friend"

The Echo's of the "Best Friend"

A Story by Ammietia

You know, I used to be able to trust you. I used to be able to trust you all. I used to think that I'd sacrifice my life for you. I used to think we were friends. Best friends. The best of friends. But I see how the years have changed.

 

I remember, even if you don't, the days when you would keep what I said to yourself. The days that my promises, secrets, words were second to none and therefore would be said to none. I remember when you would tell no one anything that would hurt me. I remember all this. And thats what makes this all such a harder fall.

 

I'd love to be mad, you have no idea how much I'd love to be mad. But I can't be, and I am irritated at you for that. Why can't I be mad? Thats a good question. Maybe because I would probably have done the same thing. Maybe because the same misunderstanding would have happened anyways.

 

Or maybe its because I still see you as my best friend. The person who always was beside me, before you left to stand somewhere else. The person who told me everything, before you found another ear to hear your voice. The person who kept silent about my fears, secrets, words before you found a bullitin board to post the news of my world.

 

Did you want me to be silent? Be silent I will. Did you want me to find someone else to lean on? Then find them I will. Did you want me to stop listening? To unlisten? For you, unlisten and delisten I will.

 

Why? Because, unlike you, I believe I owe my best friend some respect, some caring, some rememberence. You know, even if you decide not to do the same for me.

© 2008 Ammietia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ouch this one's hurtful.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 19, 2008

Author

Ammietia
Ammietia

Hamilton, Canada



About
I'm a junior who hated English and never really realized how much I enjoyed writing until grade 8. I've finished a novel which is in the editing stage (well, I have to start the editing, I'm a procras.. more..

Writing
Notice Me Notice Me

A Poem by Ammietia