The mirror

The mirror

A Poem by Alex Morse
"

Whatever you want it to mean

"
Micheal Corleone, a man of deep intellectual movements. A man of question to the common man. Looking upon him, only one could figure his heart was that of a hoovilles grinch. What those outside don’t know is the heart he holds for his family. Family, success and drive is the loyalty he only knows. All his life, his family’s style was a plague he wished not to catch. A deadly sin. Watching those give themselves to his father, he visualized weakness behind their precious heart. Behind those eyes he sees a calling, a calling he blocks out. Through his time spent with his father in the house, his family and war was little to what his family actually stood for. Now, at the t8me of his maturity, going through heartache after heartache. It was his time to rule. Seeing those hearts and eyes tear for help is what he dreaded in his sleep all his life, even in the war. Sitting in the throne, not by himself but with his thoughts too, he buries deep the past and the pain of his struggles. Questioning who he is as a man, a father and a boss. But as to micheal, it is weakness he must portray as power and strength. No one really knows him, no one understands where he’s going. People “ inside and out” see a man of pure stature, but know little of his journey. The blank page of this man is so clear, no one can predict his next move, or what he is planning or feeling because life is a business not personal. The money and power is not important, it’s the family that is his goal. Every plan is made based on them. His true enjoyment is the family smiling down on the things they have, for they never have dreamed of something this big. The heartache, pain and stress is the pleasure he gets and likes within his work. But what he does portray is his success of those traits he allows to linger in him. There beside him is always an out, but the drive for more is what keeps him away.
When his enemies see his success of his accomplishments, it drives them nuts. It’s something they cannot touch or even get close to or even compare too . Watch as he sits in his chair in his suit he’s been sweating in for hours. It’s a sign, it’s a calling, a symbolism of dedication for those who are loyal. It’s the gridiron work of a man that knows no quit. Behind the desk, on that head is a mastermind who plans ahead and not for the now. For the now is detailed out days, even weeks in advanced. An untouchable, who can stop him? What the man leaves behind is the not the items he’s purchased or accomplishments. When he’s done here in this life and leaves his chair, there will be a mark. The mark is a dent into the odds, the ney sayers, the ones who believed he could never succeed. What’s left of this mark is the dent of his pain and struggle that he has endured to give his family the precious life. A life change, an opportunity of a lifetime that few have ever done. This marks will be left for his son and sons after to learn from and build because he broke the barriers. It’s where it all started, right there. Where the journey was the whole time. Looking st the mark, you cannot assume his story but if you sit in his chair, you’ll start to understand his reasoning to why and how he did it. That’s all he wants to prove, nothing less then he made it.

© 2018 Alex Morse


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on March 21, 2018
Last Updated on March 21, 2018

Author

Alex Morse
Alex Morse

Burlington, VT



Writing
The Fog The Fog

A Poem by Alex Morse