SASSZ -  for the Superhero Competition

SASSZ - for the Superhero Competition

A Story by Stan Lee

SASSZ (superhero)



SASSZ’s name  is an acronym. There is a reason for that. No one at comic-con would take her seriously when she used her full name, SunshineAndSweetSmiles. Always an overcomer SASSZ simply came up with a sassy sounding acronym and added a zee.


I know you’re wondering what her superpower is but before we get to the interesting bits here is some background stuff to get you in the picture. (Or you could just skip this paragraph " it’s entirely up to you). SASSZ was born at a very young age under a brilliant blue sky and  warm sunshine. This was the first indication that SASSZ was special, seeing as she was born next to the south pole (her parents being on an Antarctic expedition at the time). The second sign came seconds later when SASSZ first smiled and the ice around her started to melt and drip and go all mushy.


Yup, you guessed it. Her superpower is her smile that can melt ice. (No, I agree " not very helpful in most superheroic situations) BUT that’s not all. Her smile can also melt hearts. She can smile at even the most hardened crook and reduce him to a blubbering mess. Though, the harder the crook; the more she has to smile for the powers to take effect.


The main problem here is that SASSZ doesn’t always feel like smiling when she’s faced with a hideous villain who smells of mouldy gorgonzola. There was one time she was so scared that she couldn’t summon up a big enough smile and the evil villain Moonboot threw her against a brick wall. To our relief, her tiny scared smile had taken enough effect to stop Moonboot from killing her completely " but she still ended up with a massive lump on her head that took months to disappear. That in itself is also a lucky stroke because if she’d hit the wall face first her smile might have gotten broken. That would have been a downright shame, not only for the whole of humanity but for SASSZ too,  even though she has more smile-insurance-cover than Julia Roberts.

© 2016 Stan Lee


Author's Note

Stan Lee
:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hahaha, this is certainly interesting!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Stan Lee

7 Years Ago

Thanks Stella.
A big smile! I like this a lot; I could see it as a cute series for middle school kids (they wouldn't get the Julia Roberts reference). Sort of a modern day Pollyanna, which I adored (and which in many ways saved my emotional life because it gave me hope when things seemed hopeless as a child). I'd love to see more.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Stan Lee

8 Years Ago

That's a nice thought. Modern day Pollyanna... Thanks a lot for reading and reviewing Taylor :)
The silly exuberance of the piece reflects that character!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Stan Lee

8 Years Ago

:) I hope you like silly exuberance S.Mi! Thanks for reading and commenting.
Shannon

8 Years Ago

It was definitely meant as a compliment!
Fun superhero!
"SASSZ was born at a very young age under a brilliant blue sky and warm sunshine." - great line. 😊
Can we blame her for the Antarctic icemelt?

Posted 8 Years Ago


Stan Lee

8 Years Ago

http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/PoetFace/1726624/
mattavelli

8 Years Ago

Damned penguins...... chilly willy was the enemy?
Stan Lee

8 Years Ago

*giggle* good point. I hadn't thought of that. :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

311 Views
4 Reviews
Added on March 30, 2016
Last Updated on March 30, 2016

Author

Stan Lee
Stan Lee

About
I've turned RRs off for now because I'm really behind. I have 50 to do! Hope to get to them... eventually :) “If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; ho.. more..

Writing
The Companion The Companion

A Story by Stan Lee