The Lost Child

The Lost Child

A Story by Angelreads
"

Book two of the dangers of the night series. The pack has just found the lost child, but she is not what they were hoping to be.

"
We all froze in awe as we looked at her. We had been searching for what seemed like forever. I could tell that Ben was the one who was most in shock. She looked almost identical to Ben's wife. I could tell from all the photos that were stored over the house. 
        She finished mauling the body and threw it to the side like he was a piece of meat she just picked from her bloody teeth. She approached us gingerly. Everyone else was in so much shock that no one had even thought to say anything, so i approached her to start the conversation. How do you explain to a long lost pack member that she has a brother, a sister, and is apart of another pack.

         "Hi," i said not knowing what to say. "Who are you and what are you doing on my territory," she exclaimed with a fierce look in her eyes as if she was ready to jump down my throat. "Im Beth and im apart of your fathers pack." i could tell by the look in her eyes that she had no clue what i was talking about. "Just to inform you my father isn't cursed with this. He is a completely normal human." I was confused, but luckily Ben came back to reality and quickly helped me with my confusion. "Beth," Ben said helping me," She probably doesn't know she's adopted. "What!" she interrupted suddenly. " This may all be alot to take in, but your adopted. Have you ever wondered why your foster parents weren't like you? My wife was pregnant with you when she died. I couldn't take care of you so i dropped you off at the adoption agency. I realized now that was a mistake. I went back to get you, but you had already been taken. You belong with us. You belong with your true pack." we all looked at her waiting for a response. "Wow, i always felt out of touch with my family, but i couldn't of guess i was adopted." she said finally realizing we were telling the truth." She continued,"I am an Omega. I have no pack; i just adjusted to being a werewolf and never told anyone. I want to join your pack." "Thats great," i exclaimed. "Is there any ritual i have to go through to be apart of this pack?" she asked not knowing how a pack works. " No, we just need you name and age so we dont know we're dragging you out of high school," zack mentioned finally saying something. "My names Grace and im 18. I wasn't planning on going to college because lately my appeatite has been huge." grace said. " Are we done with family time, i have other places to be." Sarah exclaimed as she walked away. Grace and Sarah had given each other a look, but i paid no attention to it.
 
      We got home and Grace made herself at home. I had to go over the basic people that she wasn't aloud to feed on. Over the days i felt like me an Grace really connected. She showed me some of the tricks she learned that came with the perks of being a werewolf. Zack and ben were very welcoming as well, but when we first got back Ben was completely distant. He spent hours in his room watching sad movies and listening to taylor swift. The presence of Grace brought memorys of the accident. Sarah was completely out of touch. She has barely said two words to Grace the entire time she has been here. Well as far as i have seen.
 
      Grace and i were going on our weekly picnic today. Grace had to get her backpack from the garage, so i  packing our sandwiches. I had ran out of mustard so i went to the garage to get some more, but i noticed Grace and Sarah having what looked like a very secret conversation. This was curious because they never talked.  I completely forgot about the mustard because i was intrigued in trying to figure out what they were saying.
 
     " I didn't ask for this!" sarah yelled out at grace. " Niether did i thats why i'm doing what im doing." They both looked at each other the same way they did the first night we found Grace. " Just do it. Once this is over there will be no werewolf to deal with any more. We can be normal, we can go back to our lives." Grace said convincingly to Sarah. " Ok, but when i do this im done. Im going away and i dont want anything to with any of you or this." sarah said. I bumped into a vase and knocked it over. They both looked my way and quickly shut off the conversation. " Who's there," Sarah asked as she motioned toward me. I was cornered, i couldn't go anywhere. Grace came around the corner. I was glad it wasn't Sarah, she would of taken my head off.  " How much of that did you hear," Grace asked me as Sarah joined her side. " Enough," i said hoping they would tell me more. Within an instant she snapped my neck and i was knocked out.
 
      When i awoke i was in a dark room. I couldn't recognize where i was. I knew i wasn't in the house because the walls where a different color and the floor was concrete. i noticed blood stains on the floor. I instantly started to worry. Suddenly i heard a bump on the door. I used my keane senses to try and listen to see if they were saying anything, but there was no need. Grace and Sarah burst through the door. I figured it was them since they were the last people i have memory of seeing. It wasn't just grace and sarah, they came through with Jane. My mind quickly began to ramble. Jane was thrown to the floor. Her face was busted and bleeding." What are you doing," I yelled at Grace. " Well beth its kind of a long story. The point is im evil and i lied to you, big time. First of all i have a pack and im the leader. It isn't like your stupid pack, my pack hates werewolfs. I am out to destroy the werewolf kind. I cant stand being this, this thing. I can change us. I can give you your life back. You dont have to be this anymore. When a pack gets a certain amount of members it upsets the balance of life. Usually the werewolf nature looses interest once a pack is a certain size. I can stop this though. If everyone in the pack is changed through the leader, you never get the erge to stop changing people. I am going to break the amount, i am going to end the entire werewolf population. All you have to do is bite me and i will have reached the limit and i will win. " You cant do this. I wont bite you i wont be a member of your stupid pack," I yelled. " Thats where your wrong. See i have injected a certain type of virus into your friend here. The only blood that can heal her is the blood of your pack. She only has 10 minutes until the virus enters her brain and she dies." Grace said with a sly grin. I coudn't believe this. I cant do this, if i did i would kill zack, ben, and i would have caused the end of werewolfs, but i cant leave Jane. I was stuck and i was running out of time. I started to think about zack and how he had saved me last time. I still didn't know how he knew i was in trouble, but all i knew was i wanted him here. I wanted him to come kick Grace and Sarah's butt. When i was in trouble last tiem all i did was think about zack. He was my only hope of survival and now he is the only hope for all the werewolfs. I coudn't wait i had to make a decision, Jane was running out of time." Ok," i said to Grace not making eye contact. Grace bit her arm so the blood could drip into my mouth because i refused to bit my teeth into her vile skin. Suddenly as always zack came busting down the door. " Zack," i yelled to him shutting my mouth to avoid Grace's blood. He jumped over and kicked Grace right in the head. She fell back, but he only broke her neck, knocking her out. He freed me from my chains and i immediatly ran over to Jane, but it was too late. She was gone, my best friend since kindergarden was gone. I bit her over and over praying that she came back. Zack came running to my siden after he finished off Grace and broke Sarah's neck saving her for ben, but Jane didnt wake. I carried her body outside preparing to dig a grave.
 
     I dropped her body in the hole. I was hugging zack so strong i could of broken his back. Suddenly she jumped out the whole, but she didnt jump out the same. That was a 20 ft deep hole. No human could jump that. Then i knew it i bit to hard in my pain and i had changed her. I changed her into this monster. I coudn't believe it. We hugged each other, but i knew she'd rather be dead than be left an immortal monster. I was just happy she was back, happy i didnt lose her.

© 2012 Angelreads


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

no word count!! i'm not even goin to read it there was only one freakin rule and you cant even follow it

Posted 11 Years Ago


Angelreads

11 Years Ago

no one flippin put any word count, you can just pick a winner based on their writing not how many wo.. read more
super awesome dude

Posted 11 Years Ago


OMG vngel you're a good writer i can't stand it. You hide it from me uh i seee how it is.But i really like the plot twist and it's just amazing with it all!

Posted 11 Years Ago


taylor swift??????!!!! really ,really golly!! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh Wow, Lovely.

11 Years Ago

teheheheh u guys are silllllyyyy :)
Angelreads

11 Years Ago

i try
Oh Wow, Lovely.

11 Years Ago

hehehe;)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 14, 2012
Last Updated on October 31, 2012

Author

Angelreads
Angelreads

portage, IN



About
I'm weird and I express it in my writing. more..

Writing
9/27/15 9/27/15

A Chapter by Angelreads