Leaving Home

Leaving Home

A Story by Angel Szabo

Tear filled grey-blue orbs stared deeply into the hard, serious pair of green-blue eyes before them. As her heart slammed into her battered ribcage. Her shaking hand moved towards to woman she loved, occasionally grazing the surface of the polished oak dinning room table that seperated the two. A sob broke from its prison inside the young ladies chest as her pale, ghostly white hand layed over the tanned caloused one of her fiance. Her head started jerking from side to side as the words finally hit her.

 

"You can't go.. What about me, us? " Her rattled, raspy voice could not of been heard unless you were paying great attention. The hand below hers turned over, gripping the smaller limb tightly in its hold. The elder of the two softened at the tortured sound of her loves voice. The fear and terror she heard melting the sheild of ice she had surrounded her heart with a fraction at a time.

 

"I have to baby, I'm sorry" Was her only reply as she leaned across the table, closing the distance between them tll her lips brushed across the soft pink flesh of her true loves own lips. They both shoke, the fear of lose and seperation hitting them to the very core as they embrassed. Words of love were whispered against each others lips between kisses. As tears met and co-mingled on their joined cheeks.

 

A horn sounded. And elder woman tried to pull away as her younger love clung to her desprately. Her nails digging into her flesh threw her clothes. She gently gripped her hands in her own. Giving her one more kiss goodbye as she peeled the other womans hands off her.

 

She leaned down the grab her bag. And with one last look at the woman she loved. She sat before her, begging her not to go. She exited their home and left for the war that awaited her.

© 2012 Angel Szabo


Author's Note

Angel Szabo
My fiance is in the army. So this is kinda hitting home.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on June 27, 2012
Last Updated on June 27, 2012

Author

Angel Szabo
Angel Szabo

Montreal, Canada



Writing