Short Story

Short Story

A Story by Girl With A Pen

She ran very far, they say. 
Far enough where water would never stray. 
It's dry and cold, it's said she was tired of being controlled. Far, far, away they say. 
I heard the journey took longer than a day. 

She ran and she ran from all she thought was what she dreamed. She ran to a place where everything is what actually seemed. 
For every false laughter to the rushed Happily Ever After. 
To a child on the way, no way to make a husband stay. Divorce is just a factor in every....Happily Ever After. They say she ran away from all empty matters. 
Far, Far away they say. So far where no secrets lay. No sweet dreams, no nightmares to rain. 
Just the reality of all what remains. The truth of the lies which everyone lives. Grow up, rush marriage, have a few kids.  
You live, you learn, you grow and die. Tired of the rules someone has made for this life. 

Far, far away they say. And they say, and they say, and they say again....But are they the right ones to listen to in the end? Far, Far, away. Away from their whispers, away from....THEY.

© 2016 Girl With A Pen


Author's Note

Girl With A Pen
I haven't written a short story in a very long time. Thought I would do a bit of free writing...This story turned into a women who seems crazy, but turns out to be the right one in the end...so let the others talk.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

With each line you weave such rich glimpses into this life, into her choices, her journey, her flight to freedom. Everything flows with a deep beauty in this wonderful rhythm and rhyme. Absolutely amazing. xo

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sometimes in life we have to take a stand even if we are down and we see people around staring at us or some comments being made. Very well depicted plight of a women through your free writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


this was pretty good. I enjoyed reading it, a poem type short story, would like to see more and about you being old, I dont think so im 22 and still young lol but I like it, if you may, take a look at my story Tears and Ashes, it has a combination of poetry and story telling, something close to this. Thanks

Posted 8 Years Ago


I think the story turned into a poignant look at existence and the sometimes cost.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Very good. Society does try to force us into labeled boxes and place us on shelves. Very orderly and controlled. It's the people who refuse to get into those boxes that make the world interesting.

Once again, good writing.

Oh, by the way, it's a short story if you say it's a short story. You are the writer.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Rather poem-like, it's a very clever and well-done work with a strong message. They do "say" a lot of things, but they're often untrue.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Girl With A Pen

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your review. It does come of more poem like...I have yet to break free from rh.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

495 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 9, 2016
Last Updated on January 11, 2016


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lovesick Lovesick

A Story by Philip Muls


Friend Friend

A Poem by Sarah Wilson