Smokey Mind

Smokey Mind

A Story by Annabeth757
"

A super short scene of a story that was never fully written

"

The smoke cleared, but Jakob’s mind did not. The world still seemed frozen, broken. He started at the wreckage in front of him speechless, but his mind was not as withdrawn as his speech.

The cop places a hand on his shoulder, “Come on son, we need a statement.” Jakob shook his head in reply, but knew it was not an optional request. He slowly stumbled to the cop car, too many thoughts to truly entertain any.

“Tell me what you saw.” The police officer said calmly, so calmly that he reminded Jakob of his therapist.

“I- I’m not sure. It happened so fast, there was so much smoke, so much commotion.. I didn’t see much. I just remember I saw a dragon.”

“A dragon!” The police officer mocked him. “You’re telling me a dragon showed up to our little town?” He chuckled slightly before regaining professionalism.

“I know how--” He took a breath to steady himself. “I know how I must sound,” Jakob began again, fighting back a stutter where his brain was still moving too fast for his mouth. He began to fiddle with the edges of the blanket that paramedics had given him, tugging, pulling, and twisting. “But I’m telling you that’s what happened. One moment the bus was running just fine, the next a dragon landed on it. And then there was nothing but fire until the explosion. The explosion..”

Jakob trailed off, trying to force his brain numb before he began to remember watching the faces of everyone he knew and loved literally melt off. He didn’t know why he had survived, and wished he hadn’t. Jakob felt no need to live if there was no one else to live with him. He lost his parents, his girlfriend, his brother, and all of his friends. As far as he knew, he was the only survivor in a 10 block radius.

© 2017 Annabeth757


Author's Note

Annabeth757
Just something I wrote quickly one day when bored, but I'd love some feedback.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on November 23, 2017
Last Updated on November 23, 2017
Tags: dark, fantasy, disaster, loss