The Unfinished Book

The Unfinished Book

A Story by Antonio Oviedo

“.....and they all lived happily ever after.” Ed Stuart is a writer for the Fiction Fantasy Club. He is an outstanding fiction writer who has written three newbery award winning books. He has published fifteen books in his lifetime and he is working on his sixteenth one right now.

“But then an enormous plane crash landed all over the land.” It is 4:00 in the morning and Ed has to go to work at 8:00, but Ed only has one more chapter to finish before he can publish the book. So Ed decides to stay up and finish his book. But as he’s typing his first word, he hears whispers around him.

“Who’s there?” he says. The whispers continue. The voices are so faint you can’t understand a word they’re saying. And it’s not just one voice, it’s four voices.

“I’m calling the cops if you don’t get out!” warns Ed to the whispering strangers. But they still don’t stop. So Ed reaches to grab his phone that was on his desk, but his phone is gone. He looks all around his desk and on the floor but he still can’t find it.

Then the lights go out. Everything is black. Ed cannot see a thing nor can he hear the whispers anymore. Trying to be brave, Ed gets out of his seat and looks for the intruders. He looks and looks and looks but there is no sign of them. Maybe because it is too dark but he cannot see nobody there.

Then he sees it. The dark hooded figure in the shadows. He is now petrified. He starts to run towards the figure but then he notices the two other figures standing right besides him. Ed looks around himself in terror and there is also a figure behind him. The figure behind him is lifting an object and waving it in the air. It is too dark to see what the object is, but the object lights up. Then Ed realizes what the object is. His phone.

Ed is now cornered by the four hooded figures. He cannot think straight. Fear is rushing through his body. Then the whispers begin again. Gradually getting louder. Ed finally understands what they’re saying. I want him dead. He lets the words digest into his brain. Then he starts to shake. He falls to the ground and pulls his knees into his chest. The figures on the side of him now are holding an object that looks like a metal bar. The hooded figures are now walking towards Ed. Ed thinks what to do.

Then he sees the EXIT sign. But the figure in front of him is blocking the door. Ed has to react quick. The only way to get to the door is to charge at figure in front of the doorway. So Ed reacts quick. He charges at the figure and the figure tumbles down along with Ed. Ed gets back up and yanks the door open. But he’s not the only person in the room.

There are at least twenty people standing in the room with Ed. They are all wearing black hooded cloaks. They all have crowbars in their hands. Ed is shaking with fear and falls to the ground and the hood figures march toward Ed. They start beating Ed all the way till his last breath.


The last book Ed Stuart has wrote in his life was unfinished. After Ed’s death, his niece Alice found Ed’s unfinished book. She then published the book herself and named the book “The Unfinished Book” by Ed Stuart. The Hooded figures all went to prison and were charged with murder. Turns out all of the suspects were writers of the same group. They were jealous of how Ed wrote. They now spend all their days behind bars.

© 2016 Antonio Oviedo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on September 24, 2016
Last Updated on September 24, 2016