Prison's Retreat part 1

Prison's Retreat part 1

A Story by Revelation
"

My beautiful feet!!!?

"
*The Prison's retreat*

The company of three men walked down the street, being careful to note every notable landmark. They're new to the environment but a casual person looking at them would never have tell, in fact, they're used to being in new environments, as they're more or less nomads in their profession.

"Bro P." Silas said "it's really being a long journey down here, if only we could find somewhere to rest our legs".

"I know" Paul acknowledge "but looking at all these men grieves my heart, all so lost in ignorance, I wish we could really start work as soon as possible".

Silas looked at Luke: the other man walking beside him, they both exchange a knowing glance. That is Paul the great evangelist they both knew, always passionate about seeing someone saved, always ready to share the good news of faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ with any and everyone he meets. What did he hear that Paul said some time ago: "How beautiful are the feet of them that carry the gospel". He looked at the feet of Paul, coated with grime and dust, beautiful it is truly.

"But you know our normal routine is to reach out to the Jews first, but i doubt if they really have a synagogue here so far from Jerusalem" Silas Opinionated.

"I don't think that would be an issue" Luke spoke out "I read somewhere that the Jews around here usually meet at the beach, outside the city and since today is Sabbath, they must be gathering for worship by now"

"So, to the beach we go then" Paul said, already setting the pace.

****************************************************************

At the beach, the first thing Silas and Luke did was to remove their sandals and look for a comfortable sitting position, while Paul went from one group to another trying to listen into their conversation.

Silas could not blame Paul for his passion to share the gospel of faith, he could vividly remember the circumstances that brought them down to Phillipi in Macedonia, how they first tried to go into Bytania and how the Holy Spirit has warned us strictly not to cross over there, then the vision as explained by Paul, and how the lord has opened the way for them to come here. So, automatically, he expected the Holy Spirit to have prepared the heart of everyone they meet to receive the gospel. He expected a great result in their labor here. But for now, the most important thing is getting some weight off his aching feet, "does this look beautiful to you?" He asked Luke, pointing at his feet

Luke who was already carried away with looking at Paul who never seem to get tired, and the man really need to rest, nobody can go on like that foever, the body metabolism is just not conditioned to sustain such stress, travelling up and down in rickety boats and sometimes, an all day trek, yet he sill fast and labor for hours in prayers, also teaching at every opportunity he gets. But the man never seem to get tired, and there he is again now, bouncing down the beach trail. "You say what?"

"My feet, does it look beautiful to you?"

Luke smiled, remembering Paul's all time cliché "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder Silas, to you, it might seem not beautiful, but the beholder here is God, and if truly those dirt are for the purpose of the gospel, then truly it's the most beautiful feet in all universe".

"You almost sound like Paul himself" Silas grumbled.

"Is that not Paul beckoning at us?" Luke said. "I think he found some reception, come on, let's go join him" already on his feet.

Silas grudgingly followed suit, and they met Paul with a group of women.

"This is Lydia, and this is her family" Paul said, full of enthusiasm, "I just told them about Jesus, and they truly listened, and they're ready to accept His life into their heart".

"Wow! That's wonderful news" he said, "you know this changes everything about your relationship with God, you've always wanted to know Him, but now, he has shown you that He wants to know you more than you ever wanted to know him. In fact, he sent his Spirit into your heart to really teach you about Himself".

"Yes, my dear Sir, i could feel the joy deep within my belly and now I know I can really have a relationship with him" Lydia said all beaming with joy.

Silas considered the exchange and a smile welled up within him, how could anyone be in such an atmosphere and not be touched, how could anyone experience the joy of leading someone else to Christ and not be charged to do more, now he understand that the grime and dirt that coats their feet could never be compared with the joy of observing a new birth in Christ. Truly, beautiful is the feet of them that preach the gospel.

If only he knows what's to happen in the next few day, maybe he would never have reached such conclusion.

But he did not know, so all he said was that "NOW WE CAN CALL HIM FATHER, AND HE CALLS US HIS SONS AND DAUGHTERS, NOT ONLY THAT, HE CALLS US HEIRS, JOINT HEIRS WITH JESUS CHRIST"

*ACT 16*

*To be continued....*

*Revelation*

© 2018 Revelation


Author's Note

Revelation
let me know what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on January 4, 2018
Last Updated on January 4, 2018
Tags: Religious, series

Author

Revelation
Revelation

Osogbo, Nigeria



About
I'm a Christian, passionate about building the younger generation through teaching, writing and public speaking. I'm fun loving and open to correction, direction and advice all for the purpose of deve.. more..

Writing