Prison's retreat 2

Prison's retreat 2

A Story by Revelation
"

Love: from me to you

"
Prison's retreat 2

The three were seated under the juniper tree, relaxing as they wait for the time for the eveing bible study. The word has grown mightily in the land and the bible study group now boast of about twenty-three members, proving that God hath really prepared the ground for a mighty harvest in the land.

Silas looked at his companions, all involve with one thing or the other; Paul sits straight-back on the chair composing a letter or probably preparing for the upcoming bible study, he always put such energy into his work, you will think he's fighting a rematch of the battle of David; Luke is reading a manuscript (one of the many he carries in his leather backpack), sometimes he use to imagine if they both have the same kind of Holy Spirit he has, because the zeal and the tenacity they put into this apostolic evangelistic work could be frightening sometimes.

Right at that moment, Timothy join them (they'd left him with their goods at their hotel when they'd met with Lydia).

Timothy: Lydia asked me to tell you that Euodias is in the house.

Paul: (looked up for the parchment) ask him to join us here, the beauty of God is expressed in the fading sun and the gentle breeze, let us enjoy it to the fullest.

Timothy left them.

Luke: we should really thank God for the beautiful heart of giving that the Lord has granted Lydia, because I seriously doubt if the work would have progressed this much if not for her support.

Silas: you know, I have always wanted to ask about that.

Paul: ask about what?

Silas: well, look at you two, you never seem to grow weary or tired at this work, always ready to go an extra mile in reaching someone with the gospel, but I must tell you the truth: I'm tired half of the time we spent in teaching and praying with and for this people, and look at someone like Lydia who is always ready to give the last thing on her for this work of the gospel, so, what is wrong with me, why do I get so tired easily, why am I not so ready to give myself into the work as you guys?

Euodias and Timothy joined them during the course of Silas question, taking notice of the atmosphere, they sat down listening to the question and waiting expectantly for the answer.

One beautiful thing about Paul is that he does not look down on anyone, and he accord adequate respect to everyone no matter how childish they might seem. The look that came upon Paul's face shows that he is seriously giving the question a thought while he looks for an adequate and an appropriate answer.

Paul: you know Jonah was a prophet of the most high God, and God trusted him enough to give to him the message of deliverance of an entire nation, so he must have walked with God to some extent. But when he received the message to go to Nineveh and declare God's message to them, the scripture records that he flee unto Tarshish, from the presence of the Lord, in fact, it was emphasized twice. Now, the question is, why did he flee, and why is it that the scripture said when he flee,he fee from the presence of the Lord?

I have never thought of that, and I must have read that passage once or twice, but even then, still thinking about it, what does Jonah fleeing from Nineveh have to to with my inability to give myself totally to the work of God? But trust Paul, he will always explain his riddles.

Paul: the truth is that Jonah does not understand the love of God, yes, he knows God is merciful, compassionate, and slow to anger, but he never really understand that God can love so much a set of people as bad as those of Nineveh. And so it is with us also, when we recognize and understand God's love towards us and toward the world, we will be willing to do everything it takes to save everyone we meet from the wrat of God.

Whao! Talk about depth of insight, the love of God towards us and towards the world, but the question now is how do you know and understand Gods love towards you and of course towards the world also?

But Syntyche (who must have joined them with some others also during the course of Paul's answer) beats him to asking the question.

Paul: (smiling) God is love, and there's no other way to know love than to know God, and knowing God is not something difficult for a man that is reborn in Christ, because we are the possessor of the Holy Spirit, who is God. Jonah could run from the presence of God, but we can't, because we carry His presence right within us. That is what Jeremiah mean when he talked about God putting His law inside of us, so that no man will have to teach his neighbor that know the lord, because we will all know God personally, our sins will be removed and our iniquities pardoned (Jeremiah 31:33-34). Now, all we need to do is to focus of the God (Love) that dwells within us, fellowshipping with him consistently, the more we do that, the more of love will be expressed from us. If you have a problem with giving yourself to the work of God, it shows that you've being spending not enough time fellowshipping with the God within you: the Holy Spirit, that shows that you seriously need a retreat!

And that was where they ended bible study for that day, with every one of them reflecting on their need to fellowship with God within them, of their need for a retreat. The thought was all over his mind throughout that day, and he kept thinking about it when Paul called to him to join him in going down to the beach for a little time of prayer together.
So they all set towards the beach, going through the market, it is almost sundown and the market is bubbling with people, but that still did not distract Silas from the question that kept on ringing in his heart: how do I make out time for a retreat, to fellowship with God? But then suddenly, they heard a voice behind them crying out loudly: "these men are the servants of the most high God, who came to show us the way of salvation"

Suddenly, everything in his mind disappeared, as he could see clearly that the spirit that is at work in this girl is not of God, he'd never being so sure of a truth in his life even though the girl has being doing this to many days now. A great love for the girl being tormented of this soothsaying spirit suddenly welled up in his belly, as he turned to rebuke the demon.

But Paul beats him to it, calling at the girl with a loud voice that went quite a distance "I command you in the name of Jesus to come out of her".

Immediately, the girl dropped to the floor and started convulsing, I ran to her and held her hand, oblivious of the people that are gathered around us. Gradually, the girl calm down and I helped her up.I told her about Christ and the deliverance that comes from his great love for us, she listened attentively to everything I said and accepted the life of Christ right there in the market. I asked her to join us for prayers. But then I felt an heavy blow to my head, and the last thought on my mind was that: Oh! What great a joy it is to feel the love of God flows from you to someone else!!!

To be continued....

Act 16

#Revelation

© 2018 Revelation


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on January 7, 2018
Last Updated on January 7, 2018
Tags: Love, Religious, God

Author

Revelation
Revelation

Osogbo, Nigeria



About
I'm a Christian, passionate about building the younger generation through teaching, writing and public speaking. I'm fun loving and open to correction, direction and advice all for the purpose of deve.. more..

Writing