a hope of dreams

a hope of dreams

A Story by ArabellaMortimerHendry
"

an extract from a piece i wrote a couple years back,

"

Chapter 1---A hope of Dreams.-.

It’s a typical week day morning for people all over the globe. Whoever you are your task for the day is to do something. There are so many choices on what to do, but yet we only limit the choices we have in life, instead of looking at the full perspective we limit the resources we have. You as an individual could be anywhere in the world at this moment in time. But what if you were not so lucky to have a warm bed? Or you had a warm bed but you had took the wrong path but not known it?

Every second of every moment people are walking about the earth wondering what to do with their lives. That also includes you and I. Maybe we have met one another but not known it, or maybe you were that person on the train who got off at the same spot as me.

You could be anywhere in the world so imagine this. A room with no heating, outside the centre of a town, pass the railway tracks along the long road. Minutes before walking along this road you were at the local shop choosing what alcoholic beverage would see you through the night. Rewind to a couple of minutes before hand, what brought you to that situation? A walk into town with many of your friends, walking up to a structured sitting place in the middle of town. Waiting on a phone call, exchange of pound notes, some friends go off to meet the person on the other end of the phone as you wait patiently talking to friends who are with you.  You want more of the stuff you had the day before and so without hesitation you withdraw the money out of the bank and hand it over to the person who can sort the stuff for you.

What happened the other day? Flashes flood your mind with images of sitting in a field, greeting people as you join them in the circle. Other people have to block out the scene with moving to the left or right. You remember burning in the nose, yet you want more. You move to a field far away. You don’t know where you are but you trust the people your with. 5 lines gone, first time trying it there’s going to be consequences. There are always consequences to every single situation you make for yourself. Feeling hot and clammy, heart beats faster, time has to slow down but it can’t. It’s going too fast for you to keep up. You need to be alone but you can’t move, you’re trapped. Why the hell were you so stupid! Suddenly you announce to everyone that you’re going to be sick. They try and keep you calm convincing you that you are not going to be sick and it will pass. Suddenly white fluid gags up in your acidic mouth, and onto the patch of animated grass under you.

You’re still waiting at the square in town, talking to friends waiting for your other mates to come back with the goods. Noticing a guy sat by you, you’re not the most confidant person in the world but you know how to talk to a guy and that’s all that matters. Conversation is in full flow, you make him laugh and the conversation builds up to the extent that he comes along with your other friends to your house.so go along the long road passed the railway tracks make a left into the local supermarket. Withdraw cash, you are now officially skint.  You go into the shop bright lights almost blinding.

 

© 2013 ArabellaMortimerHendry


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
Added on February 16, 2013
Last Updated on February 16, 2013

Author

ArabellaMortimerHendry
ArabellaMortimerHendry

lincoln/ west sussex, Chichester west sussex, United Kingdom



About
LOVE TIE A BOOK BY ARABELLA MORTIMER HENDRY TYPE INTO GOOGLE FOR MORE INFO X more..

Writing