Gansin and Eldis

Gansin and Eldis

A Story by Arctic Fox
"

Two rogue face one big "Puppy"

"

“Please tell me how we found our way into this mess,” Gansin asked. Gansin was a rogue. Like most rogue he spent his days roaming around the land and drinking in the taverns. His shaggy black hair and dark green eyes in combination with his muscled frame made him a hit with the bar maids. Slender and strong he was both fast with feet and tongue.

“As I recall you wanted to hit the mother load. ’Lets go and make ourselves rich as kings,’ you said,” his partner Eldis replied. Eldis was an elf, but unlike most elves he preferred the mace over the bow and sword. He was tall with blue eyes and shoulder length blonde hair. He was awkward for other elves to be around so he left his forest home in search of adventure and what he found was one run from the law after another.

“Oh! Yes I do remember that now. Then again for being drunk he did give us directions to one of the largest treasure troves ever found mind you,” Gansin said as he withdrew his knives from their resting place in the sheaths. Eldis leaned his head against the boulder with a sigh.

“Yes I understand that. What he failed to mention was that those jewel were in the fires of Hell. How do you suggest getting past the guard dog,” Eldis asked.

“Well I plan on cutting the puppy’s throat like I do most things in my way Eldis. Remember the weak points. Soft underbelly, eyes, chemical glands in the throat.” Gansin said.

“Yes, well. I hardly call that a pup,” Eldis said raising his head to look over the rock. A large scaled head turned and made eye contact with Eldis. Two serpentine eyes glared at the would-be thief. The black-scaled dragon opened its wings, cocked its head back opening its jaws. Eldis dropped back just before the flames hit the rock.

Sweat poured down their faces as the intense fire warmed the air around them. As Eldis turned to look at Gansin he pulled out handkerchief and wiped his brow. Gansin raised his eyebrow as if asking ‘well?’

“You are the most insane man I have ever met and you will be the death of my Gansin,” Eldis said.

“I live for nothing, but the thrill and rush. If we die, then hell, what a run we have had my friend. It was good to know you,” Gansin replied as they touched fist, “One. Two. Break!”

The two dashed from their cover. Gansin filled the air with throwing knives until all he had was his two fighting knives. Several knives were embedded in the underside of the dragon’s neck. They more or less pissed the dragon the dragon off more than hurt it. Eldis spent his time dodging wave after wave of man-charring flames. Several times in his life he thanked the Goddess he was an elf, and more than once wished he had taken up the bow.

As Gansin reached the tail he hopped unto the dragon’s back. As the over-sized lizard thrashed about trying to throw off the pest clutched to its back spike, Eldis went made his way under the dragon’s stomach. Taking one long breath he sung hard with his mace into the dragon’s stomach where Eldis thought was his heart. He actually hit a lung.

A torrent of flames spilled all over the place burning everything in the vicinity. The chemicals in its thought emptying into the air where they ignited. The dragon rather infuriated rose up looking under itself for the source of its discomfort, but Eldis was already next to Gansin. The to out-laws worked their way up its back to the base of the dragon’s skull.

“Well now that we’re here, how are we going to get to its throat,” Gansin asked.

Eldis sighed as he hooked his feet to a tail spike and grabbed Gansin’s feet. Gansin seeing the idea slid off of the dragon’s neck and around making two incision acros its throat. He made two more as Eldis swung him back onto the neck of the dragon.

“I think I missed,” Gansin said with a quizzical look on his face.

“Missed! How many cuts did you make,” Eldis yelled. Gansin made a face and held up four of his fingers on his right hand.

“fo,” Eldis began when the dragon lurched forward. Both men grabbed the spike they were on face to face to each other.

“Please don’t tell me,” Eldis said.

“Yup! We are currently flying,” Gansin said as he nodded his head.

The two yelled like girls as the dragon flipped and turned in a vain attempt to rid itself of the two leeches on its back. On a particularly high dive a whizzing sound shot underneath the two thieves. A burst of flames spread out around them as the dead weight of an entire dragon plummeted to the ground. As the ground rose to meet the falling companions the crouched on their knees prepared to jump.

When it came down to jump or land they chose to jump. After the jump came the particular hard landing on rocky ground. Dazed and confused Eldis struggled to his feet. He could feel that his arm was broken. Gansin was out cold, but alive and breathing.

“You are the stupidest elf I ever met. You have no brains, you follow a man, and you lack grace in all forms of the word. I swear to the goddess that if I hadn’t shot that thing,” a distant song-like female elf said from behind Eldis.

“Well, well. Did mom send you Lara, my dear sister, or did you miss me,” Eldis said turning to face his petite younger sister who had a striking resemblance to Eldis. In fact people often mistaken her for Eldis until she obtained breast when she was younger. Until that point she had a hard time making friends.

Lara reached down to inspect Gansin. Gansin stirred and open his eyes long enough to whisper, “I have died and met the Goddess! Why does she look like Eldis? No! I’ve gone to Hell! No, I repent I repent! I won’t do another crime I repent,” Gansin yelled before passing out again.

“I suppose he’ll live,” Lara said with a smirk.

All Eldis could say was, “Damn.”

© 2010 Arctic Fox


Author's Note

Arctic Fox
for a contest

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

238 Views
Added on June 16, 2010
Last Updated on June 16, 2010

Author

Arctic Fox
Arctic Fox

LA



About
I am the youngest of three. I was born in 1991. I love to read, write, and help others. Want to know more, just ask. I will answer any question no matter what it is with a 100% honest answer. more..

Writing