Whisper Wind

Whisper Wind

A Story by Arctic Fox
"

Whisper their name on the winds

"

Torin stood at the edge of the balcony looking out into the city before him. He hung his head as he let his full weight rest on the railing. His dark hair fell around his face to hide his eyes from the world. He could not get the night’s events to stop replaying over and over in his head. Kiera’s face was swimming in and out of those thoughts. He didn’t know what to think. She had told him that she would wait for him. She had said that she loved him. She was his best friend. He knew they were close, but he did not realize how she felt. What did he think of her?

Torin had a myriad of questions and no answers. It only was two hours by train back to Gualmondu. Why had she dropped this bomb just minutes before his train left the station? He could see her face clearly still as she said the words. He had stood there dumbfounded. He did not even have the words to say something back to her before he began his trip towards Halindurn. Torin let out an audible exhale as he tried to shake the memory out of his head. After his grandmother’s death the only relative he had was his aunt who he currently resided with.

“Kiera,” he whispered to the wind. The wind seemed to change directions as if bound to carry her name back to Gualmondu. Torin turned and walked over to his bed. Boxes littered the room. He had not yet had time to unpack. H flopped down on his bed and stared at the ceiling before drifting off to sleep. Kiera’s face was his last thought before the dreams of her began.

Kiera curled under her blanket in her bed. She had been silently for the last three hours except for the occasional sniffle. The tears seem to stem from an endless reserve. They would not stop their travels down her cheeks. Her pretty blue eyes were full of pain. She had lost the one person she had loved most and didn’t tell him her feelings until too late.

She brushed a strand if her shoulder length hair from her face. The wind whipped outside her window. She had forgotten to close it, but she could not find the strength to get up and close the window. The wind howled through her room. Kiera shot straight up. She could almost make out the sound of Torin. Her name clearly was said by someone. Just as soon as the wind came it was gone. Kiera just sat there with her hands in her lap and her head held low and she tried to sort through what she thought she heard. All she could do was whisper Torin’s name and fall to sleep.

As the dreams of Torin overtook her, the wind carried his name to Halindurn.

© 2010 Arctic Fox


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thanks, Still getting used to the copy paste method when I transfer my stuff from my documents unto here.

Posted 13 Years Ago


ahhh, nice story. short, but interesting enough. I really don't know what to say to improve this writing...xD
err...maybe use paragraphs? like when it switches to Kiera.

anywais, nice read

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 16, 2010
Last Updated on June 16, 2010

Author

Arctic Fox
Arctic Fox

LA



About
I am the youngest of three. I was born in 1991. I love to read, write, and help others. Want to know more, just ask. I will answer any question no matter what it is with a 100% honest answer. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5